1.    #1  
    What happens when you have the unlimited data plan and you connect to the internet when the EV isnt there and its the 1X symbol instead....dumb question prolly but thanx
    You're connected at 1xRTT, slower than EVDO, and still unlimited (if you're plan is unlimited)
    and your calls are sent directly to vm when you're in a 1x session
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I am never able to connect in a 1x area ... I always get the unable to connect message (something about not finding the modem). I called VZW to troubleshoot and their reply, after checking all my settings, was that the only way they could tell what is wrong is for me to call them when I am in a 1x zone and unable to connect (which implies I have a second phone to call them from!). They also suggested a hard reset.

Anyone else never able to connect from anything other than and EV area?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Is it possible to force tethering on 1xRTT even though EVDO is available?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBD
    I am never able to connect in a 1x area ... I always get the unable to connect message (something about not finding the modem). I called VZW to troubleshoot and their reply, after checking all my settings, was that the only way they could tell what is wrong is for me to call them when I am in a 1x zone and unable to connect (which implies I have a second phone to call them from!). They also suggested a hard reset.

Anyone else never able to connect from anything other than and EV area?
    You should check that your roaming option is in Automatic B. I've noticed that the phone will automatically change it to Home if it is either restarted or turn off into flight mode and then turned back on. To check this, go to:

Menu-->Settings-->Personal-->Phone-->Network

I don't know if this will fix the problem, but it might!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Is it possible to force tethering on 1xRTT even though EVDO is available?
    Why would you want to. Its so much slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    You should check that your roaming option is in Automatic B. I've noticed that the phone will automatically change it to Home if it is either restarted or turn off into flight mode and then turned back on. To check this, go to:

Menu-->Settings-->Personal-->Phone-->Network

stupid questions, whats the difference between automatic b and home? I was in NJ, and back and forth between 1x and ev, and i noticed my email headers would download, but the body wouldnt download no matter what.

went to manhattan and everything started working like normal, but now i just checked and my phone was set to HOME. Could this be the problem?
    and what is the differance between automatic A and automatic B.
    Mine is set on A.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Why would you want to. Its so much slower.
    Sprint charges an extra 40 bucks for tethering over EVDO.