Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If the files are *.EXE files, then chances are they must be installed on your laptop. I say chances are because there are *.exe files that need to be run from your PDA...less common, but possible.

*.CAB files are the ones you want to copy to your PDA to launch from there.

Bottom line. If it is an .EXE file, always assume it must be run from your laptop. If it says it is not the right win enviroment then copy and launch it from your PDA.

If it is a .Cab file, it must be run from your PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    If the files are *.EXE files, then chances are they must be installed on your laptop. I say chances are because there are *.exe files that need to be run from your PDA...less common, but possible.

*.CAB files are the ones you want to copy to your PDA to launch from there.

Bottom line. If it is an .EXE file, always assume it must be run from your laptop. If it says it is not the right win enviroment then copy and launch it from your PDA.

If it is a .Cab file, it must be run from your PDA.

Thanks Hobbes. One of my problems is that my laptop doesn't recognize either of the file types when I unzip, so I'm not sure which one is the .CAB file...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deerege
    Thanks Hobbes. One of my problems is that my laptop doesn't recognize either of the file types when I unzip, so I'm not sure which one is the .CAB file...
    Go into the Tools menu and select the folder options. Then set the computer to show all file extensions for know file types. That should do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Go into the Tools menu and select the folder options. Then set the computer to show all file extensions for know file types. That should do the trick.

I'll try that. Thanks Dimitri.
    Quote Originally Posted by elradhymc
    just use the gsplayer which is FREE!
    I have downloaded the GSPlayer, but I'm not sure how to open Shoutcast streams. Can anyone help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekep View Post
    Kupe - I have not and do not intend to install Activesync on my computer. I am new to WM devices, so if you can explain to me how to install it without Acivesync, I am open to suggestions.

I don't think the cab file is the program's source code, so posting it alone would not be a violation of the GPL.
    You can find catalog of Windows Mobile applications in CAB installers here: http://www.handster.com/index_ppc.php
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123