Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    i DL the gsplayer but its .zip file can i DL a unzip for my treo
    get handzipper -- thats what i have on my 600
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    oh ok thanks, last nite when i got resco i found out it has a unzip feature but thank you tho
    Got Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    i DL the gsplayer but its .zip file can i DL a unzip for my treo
    I am having trouble installing this on my 700. I am sure it's something simple, but the instructions say install on PC, then on PocketPC, but the setup file does nothing when I click it on my laptop. Tried installing to my SD card, but it's a zipped file and the Treo does not recognize it.

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I will post a cab file later tonight so you can DL and install directly from your device.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deerege
    I am having trouble installing this on my 700. I am sure it's something simple, but the instructions say install on PC, then on PocketPC, but the setup file does nothing when I click it on my laptop. Tried installing to my SD card, but it's a zipped file and the Treo does not recognize it.

Can anyone help?
    Connect your Treo to your laptop and then double click on the setup.exe and it will install on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    get handzipper -- thats what i have on my 600
    Doesn't work on WM devices (Treo 700w).
    Could someone post the cab file for the GSPlayer? I would like to download this directly to the Treo 700. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekep
    Could someone post the cab file for the GSPlayer? I would like to download this directly to the Treo 700. Thanks.
    While GSPlayer is an Open Source Software (OSS) product, it would be a violation of the GSPlayer GNU General Public License to just send you the .cab file. According to the GPL:
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSoftware GPL
    1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
    The download at the GreenSoftware web page (here) is a simple zip file with all the required documents in it, including a .cab file. Are you saying you have no means of unzipping the file, or of transferring the .cab file from your computer to your device (or to an SD card and then to your device)?
    Kupe - I have not and do not intend to install Activesync on my computer. I am new to WM devices, so if you can explain to me how to install it without Acivesync, I am open to suggestions.

I don't think the cab file is the program's source code, so posting it alone would not be a violation of the GPL.
    Zekep....you can use a card reader with your SD card to copy a cab file. Or if a developer has cab files, they often link directly to them via a website address so you can download them directly to your phone.

If it is in a Zip....PocketPlus has a nice Zip utility....but then again you would have to install that via active sync.

I know there have been issues with the 700w and active sync but it is a major part of supporting and installing on your phone.
    Thanks Hobbes. I will try installing the program from my computer onto the SD card.
    Just to make sure.....you cannot install it onto your SD via a card reader.........What you need to do is copy the cab file and then find it with the file explorer on your handheld and launch it from there to install.
    So I download the zip file to my computer, unzip it, copy the cab file to the card, put the card in the Treo and "find" the cab with file explorer and then install it from there? is that correct?
    can someone provide guidance on downloading streaming addresses. I'd like to take some of the stations from thestreamingcenter.com and use them to customize Resco or GS.
    So I download the zip file to my computer, unzip it, copy the cab file to the card, put the card in the Treo and "find" the cab with file explorer and then install it from there? is that correct?
    You got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by terplaw03
    can someone provide guidance on downloading streaming addresses. I'd like to take some of the stations from thestreamingcenter.com and use them to customize Resco or GS.
    Someone else will be better qualified to answer this as I don't do that that much

.....But I at least wanted to welcome you to TC!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Someone else will be better qualified to answer this as I don't do that that much

.....But I at least wanted to welcome you to TC!!!!!!!
    Hobbes, thanks for the welcome. I've had my Treo 700 for three weeks and this board has been critical in assisting my move from my old phone. I'll be talking to you.
    For streaming MP3 you can use www.shoutcast.com to find streams. You basically need to watch the stream bandwidth. With an EVDO connection you choose pretty much any stream. With a 1xRtt connection you should keep the stream at 48Kbps or under. I find 32Kbps streams work well with a 10 second buffer on 1xRtt.

If you are limited to 1xRtt then look for some of the shoutcast streams that are streaming using AAC. You will get better sound quality at 32Kbps. You will need The Core Media Player for Windows Mobile http://corecodec.org/projects/tcpmp/ and the AAC plug-in from rarewares http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/t...obile.0.66.zip
    So I downloaded to my laptop, unzipped, then copied the files to my SD Card, but my Treo doesn't recognize the files on the SD Card--is there something I am doing wrong?
    Copy only the "cab" file to the SD card. Click on it from file explorer to install.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast