1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if Verizon is going to offer the 700p or does Sprint have exclusivity for a spell before other carriers bring it on? My company is going to embrace the p so I will migrate there from my w. But I have Verizon and they hooked me until I turn 80 or something, so I need to stick with them.
    Speculation is that it will be on Sprint first.
    I would project 6 month wait for Verizon and hopefully for Palm OS users they will take that time to do their testing etc.
  4.    #4  
    That is too bad because they have the 650 already plus EVDO. Seems they could simply add the 700p rather fast.
    I think that is the trade off for VZW getting the 6 mo exclusive on the Palm.

If the 700p comes out with 64MB of ram we should probably all storm Palm simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    If the 700p comes out with 64MB of ram we should probably all storm Palm simultaneously.
    You'll have to beat me to it!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i will prob make the move from the w to the p if we bring it out.. i work at verizon and have not heard a PEEP from anyone.. i even emailed our data team.. nothing.. :-(
    - Treo 700w
    Its going to be a trade off. Verizon will get the WM Treo exclusive and Sprint will get the PalmOS Treo exclusive. Now if Palm would just release them at the same time so other carriers could pick them up 6 months later that would be nice.
    FWIW -- Can't find the link -- but I remember reading a speculation that Sprint no longer wanted to be "first" to market with a device -- but "best" to market with that device and (in the same conversation/article/post) that Verizon and Sprint would bring out the 700P at the same time. This memory is at least 2 months old and I have no other data or info to support this comment -- other than the recollection of reading it.

I see no reason why this couldn't happen -- unless Sprint is being given a period of exclusivity on the 700P (which I have NOT heard mentioned at all by anybody) -- or if Verizon decides to delay the 700P to give the 700W more time to create a foothold.

Just some more clutter for the discussion. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I KNOW sprint isnt getting an exclusive on this and that vzw is going to offer right around the same time. If you look at some of my old posts you'll know why. thats ALL i can say.
    Last edited by td67mustang; 04/15/2006 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    You'll have to beat me to it!
    And take our Treo 700w's out, throw them and phone Palm's CEO to death...
    If that is the case I know a few folks who will be calling our Verizon corp rep, they are not happy with their move to the Treo 700w and want the Treo 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    If that is the case I know a few folks who will be calling our Verizon corp rep, they are not happy with their move to the Treo 700w and want the Treo 700p.
    Wouldn't they like to know a little more (i.e. something) about the 700p before making such a broad proclamation? Does anyone have any specs/pictures of it yet (besides the grainy scan of a fax in the Future Treos forum)?
    Last edited by Kupe; 04/16/2006 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Wouldn't they like to know a little more (i.e. something) about the 700p before making such a broad proclamation? Does anyone have any specs/pictures of it yet (besides the grainy scan of a fax in the Future Treos forum)?
    One of ourTC members had a prototype to play with for a week or so. All the specs ahve alreday been posted so there's not much in question...just if anything was upgraded from the prototype to now.