1.    #1  
    ...a good memory card for my Treo 700w?

I was looking at these:

SanDisk 2GB Ultra® II SD™ Card
    or
    SanDisk 2GB SD™ Card

Not sure if I should go with the Ultra II or not, and I'm not sure if it is compatible with the Treo 700W.

Anyone using the cards above? any comments, suggestions? Thanks!
    Use the Ultra II, it has a faster read and write rate. The 700w should be able to take 2GB. It can probably take even a 4GB because I believe it's FAT 32.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm waiting for the Ultra II plus USB 2GB version to come out....
    I personally use a PNY 2gb card for my 600 and have never had any trouble with it.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Use the Ultra II, it has a faster read and write rate. The 700w should be able to take 2GB. It can probably take even a 4GB because I believe it's FAT 32.
    I would actually reccomend against any of the "Ultra" cards. These cards are designed for much faster reading then any WM device can currently accomodate and can corrupt the card.

From my own personal experiance, I have an Ultra 2GB card that I used to swap between my laptop and WM device. Since the laptop can take advangate of the Ultra Speed but the WM device couldn't, it caused the card to be corrupted and only have 1GB available.

For these devices your best bet is a plain old 2GB or 4GB card since none of the WM devices will take advantage of the additional speeds of the Ultra cards.
    So does that mean my 60x and 133x cards are useless too? My WM5 device didn't seem to mind, although I did not put them in my laptop, so I don't know if they'd become corrupted.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i have the adata 4G card that is 150x speed off of eabay at $126....works fantastic
    I got my adata 4g for $119, but it's now only $109 at zipzoomfly. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=82502-19
    Any speed card will work fine. I have personally used several A-data Models including the 4gb one, and the Sandisk Ultra II. Paying extra for the speedy card isn't worth it though, since the read / write speed of the treo is pretty slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    So does that mean my 60x and 133x cards are useless too? My WM5 device didn't seem to mind, although I did not put them in my laptop, so I don't know if they'd become corrupted.
    No, I am not saying that they are useless, I am just saying that the High Speed cards have a chance of being corrupted when you switch them between different systems that have different write/read speeds.

If you use them in only high speed devices, or only lower speed devices then you will be fine.
    I only use 2 gb Ultra II from Sandisk. I constantly swap between the 700 and 3 other WM devices and 2 computers. Never corrupted and never a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casabooboo
    I only use 2 gb Ultra II from Sandisk. I constantly swap between the 700 and 3 other WM devices and 2 computers. Never corrupted and never a problem.
    Glad to hear it, I Have had 2 different Sandisk Ultra II cards that both have been corrupted from swapping between systems that read/write at different speeds. It was Sandisk who told me that the ultra high speed cards should not be used in phones/pda's etc...

I'm just passing along the info I was given
    I use a regular 2g SD in mine and it works great.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I've been using the ADATA 2GB card without any issues.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Go look at newegg.com, they have the best prices for all computer parts. Thats where I got my Ritech 2GB at 120x for like $80. And have never had a problem with it.
    I'm quite surprised about the comment of 'high speed' cards being a potential problem. I use the A-Data 150X, 4 gig card. I have loaded it full with files from my laptop using a PCMCIA adaptor. I regularly access these file on the 700W and have yet to have a problem.

Tom
    i'm using the sandisk 2gb non-ultra. no problems, unless i tell outlook to store attachments on the card and then use outlook with the card out. that is purely PEBKAC, though.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I went with the non-ultra, I kind of have the same thought process that if the WM device doesn't support the Ultra, then why buy it? Plus, after what Weaweil said I am going with the non-ultra device

Thanks again for all the help!