1.    #1  
    Okay, I took the lazy way out. No software hacks, etc. I have a Motorola HS850 and an IBlue GPS receiver. Whenever I would try to use the headset with the GPS in use the bluetooth stack would crash. I've tried every tip I could find on this and other treo forums, but to no avail. I've heard that the Jabra JX10 headset might do the trick also, but did not want to spend $100+ on another headset.

Behold the Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter, which I purchased for $34.95. It uses the headset jack on the bottom of the phone. I've velcroed it to the back of my Arkon cradle, so it's basically out of sight. Some of the benefits of this adapter is that not only can I use the GPS at the same time, but can listen to my slingbox mobile and use voice command via the Bluetooth headset.

The only downside is that when you not not in you car, you would have to re-pair the headset with the phone. Fortunately, I have a sony headset that I can use outside the car.

Info on the A210: http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductD...ourceID=k22350

If anybody wants me to post pictures of the install, let me know.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Enabling the Incoming Beams will also partially solve the issue. When my receiver was getting the fix I still had the headset problem with the beams enabled. Once it got a fix the problem went away. I ended up going the expensive, clean route of getting a JX10. Problem solved, and a great headset acquired.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Enabling the Incoming Beams will also partially solve the issue. When my receiver was getting the fix I still had the headset problem with the beams enabled. Once it got a fix the problem went away. I ended up going the expensive, clean route of getting a JX10. Problem solved, and a great headset acquired.
    Enabling beaming did not fix it for me. With my GPS receiver, it doesn't seem to matter if it is aquiring or has aquired signal, the bluetooth stack will still die as soon as I try to use my headset.
    enabling beam didn't matter for me either....

I kind of like the idea of using that unused BT dongle with a dedicated earset as an alternative to no headset. Plantronics 640 out of the Rover cab...
    Heck I have that equipment laying around catching dust and I'd forgotten about it =8-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cognetic
    enabling beam didn't matter for me either....

I kind of like the idea of using that unused BT dongle with a dedicated earset as an alternative to no headset. Plantronics 640 out of the Rover cab...
    Heck I have that equipment laying around catching dust and I'd forgotten about it =8-)
    The other cool thing is that I can use it with my cordless phones at home.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, I'm sorry for beating a dead horse on this issue, but I have discovered by accident the final cure for the GPS/Headset debacle. My IBlue GPS (http://www.semsons.com/ibhiseaublgp.html) stopped working several days ago and I got an RMA to return it. In it's place I ordered a Royaltek RBT-2001 (http://www.semsons.com/robtgpsxrsii.html).

Boy....what a difference, it aquires the satellites in under minute, and that's at cold start. The biggest bonus though, is that I can use it simultaneously with both of my headsets (Sony HBH662/Motorola HS850) with no drops! I've also done a little more research and have found other users who have had trouble with IBlue GPS and Treo combination, as well as with XV6700's.

Looks like the IBlue is not the GPS to get for the Treo. The only downside to the RBT-2001 is it's battery life of only 6-7 hours, but this isn't an issue for me as I have hard-wired the charger to my battery.

I'll still keep the Jabra adapter, as it's cool to be able to use voice command or listen to my slingmedia player throught the bluetooth headset.