Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is there a totally obvious way of changing the Treo 700w's bluetooth name that I've overlooked?

Having "Steven Frank" show up as a discoverable bluetooth device is certainly amusing, but "Treo 700w" would be more useful.
    Just change the device name in Start|Settings|System Tab|About|Device Tab
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    When my phone paired with my handsfree Parrot it would show my name on the screen. I deleted my name from the personal info page and it changed to Treo.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    hannip: It doesn't use that device name for Bluetooth for some reason.

nuflat: If you change the owner name, does that have any repercussions elsewhere on the device? Email "from" fields? Calendar? If not, then that's easy enough to change...
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenf

nuflat: If you change the owner name, does that have any repercussions elsewhere on the device? Email "from" fields? Calendar? If not, then that's easy enough to change...
    No, because you should have set that info in Outlook when set it up. In the Outlook setup you have areas for your full name.
    Strange, it always works that way for me.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Weird. My device name is set to "Treo" but it always shows up as my full name to other Bluetooth devices, which is what leads me to believe it's using the Owner Information.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Weird. My device name is set to "Treo" but it always shows up as my full name to other Bluetooth devices, which is what leads me to believe it's using the Owner Information.
    That's what I was telling you. If you delete your name, it should revert to Treo or you could call it something like Nuclear Device. So if someone connects to your phone via bluetooth ala laptop or something, they might get a suprise!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Confirmed... it uses the full name from Owner Information, if you've entered it. How totally weird. Thanks for your help!