1.    #1  
    Ok I splurged. It is charging now.

I have gone through 3 H700 which for the most part I have been happy with. the best sound, volume, and comfortability on my ear after trying several others. But lately with all of them it becomes staticky.

I am curious to hear what soem others are saying regarding the JX10 and 700w.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm loving my JX10 with my 700w. The only complaint I have is the volume. After you turn the headset off for a little while it resets the volume to the middle level. When you turn it back on again you'll have to turn it up if you like it at max, which I do. Other than that it's great.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I've had no probs with my JX10 with Treo 700w as well. I don't notice any volume problems on mine. I don't use the ear hook, but replaced it with an eargel which works better for me. The only problem is that I have small ears and even using the smallest eargel barely fits inside my ear (need to push it hard in my ear to stay). The charge time is very good... I think I only charged my JX10 three times since I got it in Feb. (I only use it in the car - so light use and turn it off completely when not in use). Sometimes I hear some soft static if I turn the volume very loud, but it doesn't bother me too much. The size is great, but I would like to have something even smaller eventually... the new upcoming Motorola in-the-ear BT headset looks interesting, but probably has short battery life....

just curious, if you were so happy with the H700's, why did you need to go through 3 of them?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
  4.    #4  
    After 2 days of using each they produced static very often.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotg
    After 2 days of using each they produced static very often.
    Ditto here. My H700 worked great from close distance, but exhibited lots of static with any distance w/ the Treo. I probably would have kept using it, but I lost it

Losing the H700 gave me an excuse to buy the JX10. But I could not get over the massive amounts of background hissing noise. I exchanged the unit once, but the replacement had the same problem. Shame, since I liked the form factor of the JX10.

I ended up buying a cheap H500 and believe it or not, it's worked great. Can't really complain for $45.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I like the JX10 as well with my Treo 700, but the ringer is SO loud. Even with the volume on its lowest setting, it often startles me. I also use an ear gel, since I do not like the hooks on my ear. I put cotton in the gel, but it also muffle voices.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    What are some other common choices for BT headsets. In my research these two seem to be the most popular. My question is does anyone else see exceptional results with any other headsets? And with the H700, what kind of distance does it take for the static to become apparent?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    sony ericsson headsets have no static, and the distance allowable is the best.....the best headset was the SE hbh-662, but it has been d/c....the next best is the hbh-610a......the 610a is the newer version of the hbh-610, but it adds DSP.....
    Anyone else have any opinions on good headsets? I liked the looks of the sony hbh-610a and it seems to be a quality headset. Thank you for the information, any other advice good headsets, or the best prices for them. I'm in the process of searching right now.
    Last edited by 80'sbaby; 04/11/2006 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
    Anyone else have any opinions on good headsets? I liked the looks of the sony hbh-610a and it seems to be a quality headset. Thank you for the information, any other advice good headsets, or the best prices for them. I'm in the process of searching right now.

I had my personal edition to the HBH610 here; http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=HBH-610

Great head set... and I had two types of jabra's and a scala...

Cheers,
    Got to love it... Balinor
    I have the JX10. Its real lite and I am satisfied with sound quality but I have had 2 problems with it. If I set the volume to high the mic picks up the sound from the earpiece and sends it back to the caller. I also have broken 2 of the wimpy ear hooks. Jabra replaced them no charge. I have heard some do not use the hook but when I tried it it would sometimes pop out. Maybe from a gust of wind coming through the other ear.