Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    When I first got my Treo I noticed an app running called, "phone". I didn't ever stop the thing, figuring it was an application that ran the phone functions...

...then yesterday I somehow accidentally started up media player while I was loading cnn.com (which, of course, does not really work on PIE), and I got a device low on memory error. After some button presses I don't quite recall suddenly all of my apps were closed, including "phone". So I freaked. Dialed a number, called, and lo - it worked. Got a call, no problem. So why "phone" as an application? What does it do? Anyone know?

I was also able to get on the EVDO line, etc... I mean really I have no clue what that did. I also know that some of the apps take on different names depending on what you're looking at. Like Pocket Outlook takes on the name, "Text Messages" if you're on text messages, and "Hotmail" if you're on its built in hotmail inbox... but I can't find any application that also calls itself "phone". Maybe it was Cellebrite? Anyone know for certain?
    Its a process called cprog.exe It does not show up in the task list.

Surur
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Its a process called cprog.exe It does not show up in the task list.

Surur
    Cool, then I feel a lot less guilty about having that thing close down during that momentary memory freakout.
    Actually Phone does show up in the Task list, at least it did on mine. I also found out that it would never show up unless i opened the on screen dialer, so thats what phone is. It will not hurt anything to close it from the task list so you are safe.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddaddy84
    Actually Phone does show up in the Task list, at least it did on mine. I also found out that it would never show up unless i opened the on screen dialer, so thats what phone is. It will not hurt anything to close it from the task list so you are safe.
    AH-HAH! That's it, you're right. I just did that, and lo - it appeared in the task list. Then it REALLY did not want to close until it prompted a "end task or cancel" message.

Thanks man!
    Glad I could help.