1.    #1  
    I lost my treo 700w and called lockline to get a replacement, well my new treo 700w arrived today but instead of one they sent me two. What would you do?

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Send the second one back otherwise they may try to bill you for one of them.
    man that is brutal.......ummmm......mmmmmm.

I would hold unit number 2. Check how many deductibles they billed your card for.

If they billed you for $50 then you should be solid. If they billed you $100 they are looking to get two phones and you need to return it.

Or you could call them and return it.
    I would probobly think about it twice but wind up sending it back. You never know when you may need another replacement and they could figure it out and still make you pay for it.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    wow!....hmmmmm...idk what id do....i would actually hold onto it for a bit and check your bill and see what they charged you....if its 50 then hold on and see what happenes if its 100 then send the damn thing back and get your 50 bucks back.....toughy here...morals come into play....and since verizon has no morals when it comes to screwing their customers then whynot hahahaha
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    I would probobly think about it twice but wind up sending it back. You never know when you may need another replacement and they could figure it out and still make you pay for it.
    I was actually going to sell unit number one to begin with when i got it because work cut hours so i can no longer afford the data plan and also my stepdad just gave me a really cool DELL Axim X51v that he won in a raffle at work(Brand new never been opened) Because he already has one. So either way ebay will see at least one of my new treo's.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Lucky F**k.
    Return the second one after a few days. Wait until you are sure the first one does not have obvious defects.
    real simple-if you are owed 2 keep them. if not, send it back.
    Agree with jfscars48. Calling them would be good - it was their screw-up and they should pay for shipping. And be glad to do so for such an honest customer.
    I actually had a similar thing happen to me when the PPC-6600's first came out. I had the rotten luck of having the first 2 that were just screwed up....1st one had a cracked screen, another one had it's keyboard lights connected to the screen lights so the keyboard lights were on 100% of the time you were using the device which killed the battery, etc... Anyway, that was not the problem, I got my first one even before they were available and when I am first out the gate with a new device I expect to be the first one to find buggy devices. The problem was Sprint screwed up SOOOOOOO many times in trying to exchange these first few phones under Warrenty.....not thru insurance....that I somehow ended up with the extra phone that will not turn off the keyboard lights!!!!!!

I tried to give it back. I called them and let them know and requested a return kit at least 3 times. They screwed up so much my account was passed up to corp. Since they screwed up my account so much that they totally lost the records of the extra one they sent. They finally said, keep it because it was easier for them to cut the loss than try to account for an extra phone with no documentation the mess of a paper trail they made for themselves. I expense my account for work, so I review it every month and they did not ever charge me for the extra phone.

So, I was completely honest in the situation and ended up ahead because of 4 months of screw ups to simply replace 2 phones. So I bought a windshield mount. An extra BT GPS device and a car charger....and voila.....my wife now has a full navigational system in her car!

Now, my advise to you is verify if one phone works better than the other, then call to request to send the other one back. If they didn't authorize you to keep it, it can come back to bite you in the ars with the full retail cost of the extra phone months down the line......and probably just when there is more month when there is money!