1.    #1  
    Question, when I first got my phone and started putting in peoples birthdays it was putting them up on my today screen. I really liked that but all of a sudden there are no more reminders. Is this a feature that I accedently turned off or something?

I would hate to have to buy a third party program when the treo did this automaticaly for me.

Thanx

John
    you may have removed your calendar from the today screen. go into settings < today < items and select calander if it is not selected.
  3.    #3  
    My calander is still there, all other appointments are on the today screen. Also when I open the calander to a date for some ones birthday there is no reminder anywhere on that day any more

there used to be

John
    I've noticed that only timed events are displayed on the Today Screen calendar. Make sure your birthdays are put in as timed events.
    I installed both TodayAgenda and CalPlus on my wx, but it doesn't show Birthdays. Any suggestions to a good freeware Birthday Plug-in..??
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf View Post
    My calander is still there, all other appointments are on the today screen. Also when I open the calander to a date for some ones birthday there is no reminder anywhere on that day any more

there used to be

John
    I think you need to select the check box for all day events in
    menu/preferences/today settings/calendar/options
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf View Post

there used to be

John
    When you say you put in people's birthdays are you saying you put them in as appointments on your calendar or are you saying you put their birthday in their contact information?

I have recurring appointments for birthdays and anniversaries and they show up and remind me (wish I could change the reminder after the first time to more than 1 day). I just tried putting a birthday on a contact and it didn't show up on my calendar. I don't think those will.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    When you say you put in people's birthdays are you saying you put them in as appointments on your calendar or are you saying you put their birthday in their contact information?

I have recurring appointments for birthdays and anniversaries and they show up and remind me (wish I could change the reminder after the first time to more than 1 day). I just tried putting a birthday on a contact and it didn't show up on my calendar. I don't think those will.

Greg
    Mine does. I'm using PI, though. It even computes the age.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Mine does. I'm using PI, though. It even computes the age.
    That's cool (and a little scary).

I just have the standard contacts and calendar and was referring to them.

Greg
    I found a nice (free) birthday plugin: http://pda.jasnapaka.com/birthdays/
    It is not clear which device the OP and others are talking about. I am assuming it is 700w or 700wx (going by the forum in which this thread is posted).

I have Sprint 700wx. I have always added birthdays and anniversary's in the contact (of outlook). This automatically creates recurring appointments in the calendar. I could and have changed their reminders (to a longer duration, instead of the default 15 minutes a midnight).

All these appointments (of birthday and anniversary) have sync'd correctly to my Treo and show up on my today plug-in Calendar+. I also shows up correctly when I start the calendar application.

This behavior has not changed even after I updated the new Sprint/Treo firmware 1.15
    This is happening to me too on my Verizon 700wx. Birthday's don't show up in my today screen.
    Hmm... I have tried changing from all day to a specific time - and suddenly it shows up on the TODAY page. I've toggled the "show all day events" feature and it doesn't change anything. This is really frustrating.