Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I ended up swapping my original 700w with a new one that I bought in January due to a sound problem (that I actually ended up fixing) -

ANYWAY- for those interested, I noticed a small change in the battery connectors, with the new one being thicker and not as flimsy:

In addition, I noticed that the new 700w starts out with about 1MB more free memory than my old one, with exactly the same (Sprite backup) data.
    Last edited by plasmo; 04/05/2006 at 09:36 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Can you post pictures of your software version. I'm just curious if they have updated the software as well.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I can't tell comparing my 700w to the pictures if I have the old or new style. I'd also be interested to see what your Software and Hardware versions are. I have TREO700W-1.02-VZW for the Software and A for the Hardware.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    I can't tell comparing my 700w to the pictures if I have the old or new style. I'd also be interested to see what your Software and Hardware versions are. I have TREO700W-1.02-VZW for the Software and A for the Hardware.
    If you look at the new 700w picture, there are 3 silver metal bars in between the 1st, 3rd, and 5th copper connectors.
    In the old version, there are 5 small silver metal bars in between the 5 copper connectors.
    Plus, the copper connectors are much thicker and more "sturdy" in the new 700w.

As far as the Software/Hardware versions - yes, I already checked both old and new Treos. They are the same.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Any other improvements?