1.    #1  
    So I think my Treo radio died. I wasn't even using it at the time and I noticed there was no signal. I thought that the phone was just turned off so I held down the red button and it said welcome, but still no signal. Tried a soft reset and then a hard reset, still nothing. Called Verizon and the end result is they are sending me a "new" phone. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    So I think my Treo radio died. I wasn't even using it at the time and I noticed there was no signal. I thought that the phone was just turned off so I held down the red button and it said welcome, but still no signal. Tried a soft reset and then a hard reset, still nothing. Called Verizon and the end result is they are sending me a "new" phone. Ugh.
    I had a 700w that did this about 13 days in. I called in and they had me go return it for a new one. Hard resets did not even fix the problem.

Your going to have to return it for a new one.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I just started having this same problem with my 700wx today. Very annoying. I'm wondering if Sprint will allow me to go to a store and get a new one, or if I have to wait for them to ship me one. Soft reset does nothing, hard reset does nothing. My radio just won't turn on. I've got it to turn on a couple times since the problem began, but whenever I get an email my screen won't turn on, then it soft resets and the radio is off again.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Update-I went to the Sprint store (I guess they can only do exchanges in store or something), but their repairs guy had gone home for the night, so I have to wait until tomorrow and go back then. Another odd symptom of my problem; the camera is no longer working. Even after a hard reset, the camera software doesn't even show up on the Programs menu. When I restore to my backup the camera software is there, but it takes me to the Pictures. There's no way to get to the camera. The phone is turning on 1 our of every 10 times, but will turn back off after a soft reset. Extremely annoying.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  5.    #5  
    heh, guess the Sprint branding didn't fix the hardware quality. Soon we'll be counting how many times we had to replace our wx's.

It took 3 replacements of my w before I got one that lasted more than a few months.