1.    #1  
    I am trying to find a stereo headphone set to use with my Treo 700w, without an adapter. The phone was marketed as an MP3 player, but that's not really true if you can't listen to music in stereo.

Is there such a thing as a stereo headset without an adapter?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I use a pair of generics from CompUSA that work great. In fact, the second set I bought (using a $10 certificate, so it ran me $5.00) work even better than the first. Why the second set? Honestly, I had lost the ear bud sleeves and it was cheaper to buy a whole new setup with 6 additional sleeves than buy new sleeves by themselves.

Oh, this is a hybrid set, with an inline mike and they DO come with an adapter... but for use with 3.5 jacks, not the other way around. I leave the original 2.5 to 3.5 adapter on my work PC and carry the other one in my laptop bag for use with my Tecra.

I'm not sure what the difference is between set 1 and set 2, but set 2 of the ear buds seems to fit the jack on the treo better. I notice that the tip snaps into the adapters a little harder, so I'm going to assume that it's just a slight bit larger than the tip on set 1. Whatever it is, if I have to pick up set 3, I hope it's a new spec and not a lucky mistake.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I use the Palm Treo stereo headset. It has a microphone and works with the phone as well. I am extremely impressed with the sound quality - with this stereo headset the Treo sounds as good as the two iPods in our household. It's inexpensive as well (less than $20). Highly recommended!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    I use a pair of generics from CompUSA that work great. In fact, the second set I bought (using a $10 certificate, so it ran me $5.00) work even better than the first. Why the second set? Honestly, I had lost the ear bud sleeves and it was cheaper to buy a whole new setup with 6 additional sleeves than buy new sleeves by themselves.
    Are you talking about these?

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...262&pfp=SEARCH
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Nope. Here's the set I use;

foneGEAR 2.5 Headphones

Oddly enough, they didn't come up until I searched for the company.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre