1.    #1  
    I have the keyguard set so that the keys on my Treo 700w are locked when it's turned off. The other day, the phone was apparently in my pocket calling my last dialed number continually at 4 in the morning, for a period of 20 minutes until they were able to text me and tell me about it.

I was wondering how this could happen, since the keyguard was on. I did some tests, and if the device is off and you press the green Dial button, the screen comes up with the keyguard warning. If you time it right, and continue press Dial again (without unlocking!) you can ocassionally get it to dial, while locked! You'll have to unlock the Treo to hang up. You can also activate the Start menu in the same way.

Is there any way to make the key guard not do this, or to respond only to the power button? Very frustrating, and could have been very embarassing had I been calling a client at 4am and not my girlfriend.

- matt
    Well I can't seem to make mine do that... but generally I just have a password set (4 digits), as that basically does the same as a keylock and it provides a bit more protection for the information, thats on the unit at least, incase it's stolen or lost.

So I would recommend just having a password and not using keyguard. (I must sound like Palm with the DST bug, lol... "just don't use it then")
    I've noticed this keyguard bug as well.

Truly, folks, this is sad... yet another bug in a long line of issues with the Treo 700. Palm really let us down with QA on this device. It's ironic that Verizon and Palm are marketing this device so strong. That's going to end up biting them in the *** when the bulk of corporate America discovers that this device is a piece of crap. The sad part is that this will forever tarnish the reputation of Palm and Windows Mobile in competition to Blackberry/RIM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have been dealing with this problem for some time now. Except mine hasn't called anyone yet. The Palm tech couldn't figure out why this was happening and his only solution for the problem was to ignore it since it isn't calling anyone. What great tech support we get!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I have been dealing with this problem for some time now. Except mine hasn't called anyone yet. The Palm tech couldn't figure out why this was happening and his only solution for the problem was to ignore it since it isn't calling anyone. What great tech support we get!!!!!!!!!!!
    I tapped my green button about 25 times in an irregular tapping pattern and was able to get it to dial out as well. Then to disconnect, I had to turn off the keyguard in order to get it to respond to the red button.

This phone has a lot of very cool, great features, but I am beyond disgusted with all of the bugs. And then to have Palm remind me through 3 tech support calls yesterday that my 1 year of free tech support will end next January -- when I will probably still be discovering bugs -- infuriates me.
    Last edited by Treo 700w; 04/05/2006 at 08:45 PM.
    Also realize that an incoming call unlocks the phone, then if left unanswered, the phone can call out or have buttons pressed while in the case.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Do anyone know if the update will take care of any of this?
    I don't seem to have that specific problem but what I have noticed is, if you have a blue tooth headseat enabled in your pocket or bag or whatnot, the button can get pushed down then make a call. Had that happen to me and was pretty irritated until I figured it out.

Just a thought.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    Well I can't seem to make mine do that... but generally I just have a password set (4 digits), as that basically does the same as a keylock and it provides a bit more protection for the information, thats on the unit at least, incase it's stolen or lost.
    Thanks, I completely forgot about the password.. I am using this instead now.

Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    So I would recommend just having a password and not using keyguard. (I must sound like Palm with the DST bug, lol... "just don't use it then")
    Haha yea... add another 'feature' to the list.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Matt
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    These Keyguard issues are really pissing me off, I started a thread on it:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131454

Maybe there is some app that can be used that I need to look into any recommendations?
    how do I Disable the Touchscreen call answer function?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131454