1.    #1  
    www.emoze.com

Don't know how or if it works, just saw it on brighthand and thought I would let you know.
    I was going to check it out but it didn't support the PPC 6600 (only the 6700).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Sounds promising. If someone tries it on the 700w, let us know the results.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Gonna try this out- looks good... looks like they support the 700w according to the download options!
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Installed emoze, and yes it works for 700w.

Push email works...set it up with my gmail account:

BUT - some things I didn't like:

1) it installs an icon at the bottom of the 700w window which uses up one line
    2) the connection to your PC from the 700w seems to disconnect at times, I think when the 700w goes into sleep/off.
    3) When a new email comes in, the Treo makes a pop-up notification, plus a sound. I cannot find anywhere that you can disable this or change the sound for something else.
    4) It requires me to keep my Outlook open on my computer - since other people use my computer this is a problem b/c anyone can then read my email by opening outlook.

If anyone else has tried this program, please share your thoughts
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I tried emoze out this past weekend. It worked well with regard to synchronization but I was slightly confused by how I interpreted it to work.

Basically it appeared to me that the client on the Treo wanted to maintain a constant connection to the internet via EVDO. If I closed the connection, it immediately redialed. If the PDA portion was turned off, but phone was still on, no synchronization took place until the PDA part was turned back on and it then immediately dialed out.

I'm new to the Treo and perhaps am expecting too much. I have a blackberry and am looking for something that works much like that.

I'd like control over what folders get synchronized (emoze did this very well).

I'd like to set up rules/filters for what messages in those folders get synchronized (didn't notice this in emoze). For example sync only messages where I am in the TO: line, but not from so and so...

I'd like to be able to configure the direction of synchronization (one way or two way) for selected folders. For example, I would like two way synchronization between the handheld and desktop for contacts and calendar but only one way (from desktop down to the handheld) for mail. I clear messages from the handheld regularly but keep them around longer on the desktop. (emoze had no provision for doing this that I could see)

And finally, I'd like updates to arrive to the handheld in close to real time w/o me having to turn it on or maintain a constant EVDO connection. I was hoping for an arrangement like the Verizon WirelessSync which seems to push down updates even when the PDA portion is off.

If I could find something that meets the requirements above, I would hand my blackberry back in and finally have an all in one device that meets my needs as well as one that I could recommend we use here at work.

I'm curious about the MS Push deal and will look to implement and test it as soon as it's available from Verizon. Our exchange servers are already all at SP2...

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I was going to check it out but it didn't support the PPC 6600 (only the 6700).
    Their page says it supports the Sprint PPC-6700

I'm downloading now to test out (I miss Chatter....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortl
    I tried emoze out this past weekend. It worked well with regard to synchronization but I was slightly confused by how I interpreted it to work.

Basically it appeared to me that the client on the Treo wanted to maintain a constant connection to the internet via EVDO. If I closed the connection, it immediately redialed. If the PDA portion was turned off, but phone was still on, no synchronization took place until the PDA part was turned back on and it then immediately dialed out.

I'm new to the Treo and perhaps am expecting too much. I have a blackberry and am looking for something that works much like that.

I'd like control over what folders get synchronized (emoze did this very well).

I'd like to set up rules/filters for what messages in those folders get synchronized (didn't notice this in emoze). For example sync only messages where I am in the TO: line, but not from so and so...

I'd like to be able to configure the direction of synchronization (one way or two way) for selected folders. For example, I would like two way synchronization between the handheld and desktop for contacts and calendar but only one way (from desktop down to the handheld) for mail. I clear messages from the handheld regularly but keep them around longer on the desktop. (emoze had no provision for doing this that I could see)

And finally, I'd like updates to arrive to the handheld in close to real time w/o me having to turn it on or maintain a constant EVDO connection. I was hoping for an arrangement like the Verizon WirelessSync which seems to push down updates even when the PDA portion is off.

If I could find something that meets the requirements above, I would hand my blackberry back in and finally have an all in one device that meets my needs as well as one that I could recommend we use here at work.

I'm curious about the MS Push deal and will look to implement and test it as soon as it's available from Verizon. Our exchange servers are already all at SP2...

Joe
    Check out 4smartphone.net

this might be exactly what you are looking for. I am using it right now, and its been great so far.
    By the way, after I installed this, it duplicated my entire calendar and contact entries. Yes I did see the warning screen, but I didn't feel comfortable letting this software rebuild my entire contact/calendar database (I have very critical appts/contacts I cannot lose). So I spent around 3 hrs cleaning up the mess this software caused.

Never again.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I installed emoze and it seems that emoze likes to turn off my phone then turn it back on... its not a reset just turning off the radio. I have no idea why. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    By the way, after I installed this, it duplicated my entire calendar and contact entries. Yes I did see the warning screen, but I didn't feel comfortable letting this software rebuild my entire contact/calendar database (I have very critical appts/contacts I cannot lose). So I spent around 3 hrs cleaning up the mess this software caused.

Never again.
    You are lucky.
    When I first "toyed around" with Wireless Activesync, ALL my contact info, and Calendar data (couple years worth) on my Desktop was wiped out.
    (I accidentaly had my new empty Treo 700w which had no data on it overwrite everything). Never again will I mess around with that (now I have things backed up)....

I also uninstalled emoze. Didn't add too much more than old fashioned Pocket Outlook email autochecking mail every few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Check out 4smartphone.net

this might be exactly what you are looking for. I am using it right now, and its been great so far.
    Thanks, I checked it out and tried it. We use exchange here at work and I'm hoping for something that can sync with that too w/o me having to forward the messages on. 4smartphone.net seems like a great deal if you're looking for a hosted exchange service.

My problem is really just that I'm being impatient. I'm trying to see what else is out there while waiting for the MSFP updates to be released. I'm anxious to see how that works. I am also thinking of testing out the GoodLink stuff. I understand they're supposed to have an official version for the 700w shortly and the current unsupported version works with a little tweaking but lacks some integration. It wouldn't be that big of a deal for me to put a goodlink server here so long as it doesn't conflict with anything our blackberry server is doing. I've read that the pricing isn't that bad for goodlink either. I seem to recall $350 per device per year. I'd be willing to pay that. I really need to contact them to confirm all this though. For now though, I should really wait for the MSFP stuff and see how that all works first as that wouldn't cost me anything additional.
    GoodLink will not conflict with your BES at all. Pricing is dependent upon your carrier, but there is a one-time charge for the server and for the client access licenses. If you have any other questions, head over to the GoodLink sub-forum and I will be more than happy to help.

BTW, the 700W version should hit the streets in about a week.
    thanks, I made a call over to Goodlink this afternoon. I spoke briefly with a sales rep who explained the one time charge for the server and CALs was $2000 for up to 5 users. I had read some erroneous pricing info somewhere on the web and wasn't anticipating that. Makes sense as it's a business, not personal, solution. Unfortunately I sort of had this idea I could get a one client deal for a few hundred bucks. Oh well. I won't be putting out that much money on my own and I don't think we have enough demand at work for it. Everyone is pretty happy with BES for now. I seem to be the only one who likes to try out new toys.
    hmmmm.... Look at Hosted Exchange. You can get around al the up fron capital expenditures and is it only $9.95 per month for GoodLink. Also, you get rid of all the IT headaches with Exchange. Just food for thought...
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    You have no excuse to not be synchronized.
    Thanks. I actually have the push email working with our exchange servers at work. Overall it works very well and meets my needs for now. The features are nowhere near those available with blackberry and BES, but it took a few years for BES to get there so hopefully the exchange push will get there a few iterations from now. It's working great for synchronizing my emails, contacts, and appointments in just about real time.

Give me an option to have alerts for message arriving in subfolders, an option to customize the direction of sync for specific folders, an option to create rules to control which messages are actually synced via filters based on sender, to, etc...., and on the admin side some sort of monitor to see user stats such as last handheld contact time, status, delivery queue, etc... and you'll have a great BES competitor.

My opinion is that this is great for businesses that don't have BES or Goodlink, but I don't see many enterprises who already have BES or Good giving up the features they have for this. BES at least provides those items I listed above. Again though, that is after many years. I've been working with BES since '98/99 and those features have been added over time.

Joe