Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Motorola H700 headset...The 750 I referred to is the Treo 750...this is the only treo where voIce activation over BT works
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    No, I'm confused about the difference between the H700 or the 850, not the 750. I'm tired of going through BT and wired headsets and not having them work very well. Which one of these do you think is better? Will they both work with VC (functionality that was mentioned previously in this thread, not full functionality)?
    H700 is a much better than HS850 (both in quality & design).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    H700 is a much better than HS850 (both in quality & design).
    But... if you have a Treo 700w or wx, there are issues with the H700 not connecting when a call comes in... I had it happen numourus times... thats why I traded with my wife and she is using the H700 on her moto e815 and I am using the HS850 on my Treo...
    No issues with these pairings.

Paul G
    <><
    I think H700 has version A & B. I'm using version B, which is an updated version..
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I think H700 has version A & B. I'm using version B, which is an updated version..
    So you have the Treo 700w/wx and don't have any problems with the BT connecting at all?

I actually have the "c" version from the verizon store..... I've had issues.

Paul G
    <><
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    So you have the Treo 700w/wx and don't have any problems with the BT connecting at all?

I actually have the "c" version from the verizon store..... I've had issues.

Paul G
    <><
    Mine so far so good with H700 ver B and I got it for $35 brand new.
    If the WX and H700 is more than 15 feet, I start to hear noise and poor voice quaility.
    I can receive a call w/ the h700 fine but once i hang up and my phone goes to sleep I can not receive another call until I repair up. Kindof annoying so don't use it much
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I ended up sending mine back to Amazon because it didn't work as advertised. Still looking for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianh715 View Post
    I can receive a call w/ the h700 fine but once i hang up and my phone goes to sleep I can not receive another call until I repair up. Kindof annoying so don't use it much
    Ya... thats basically what I see.... while I have it with me... I keep the boom open.. that way all I have to press the button when a call comes in.
    If I am not using it or don't have it with me, I close the boom.

(to reserve battery, I press up and down vol at the same time for 3 seconds which turns off the light.)

I am hoping its a BT issue with the 700w OS and a future update to the OS will fix it.

Paul G
    <><
    So far, I never had that problem.

I hope someone will come up with a fix/hack to fix BT issues.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    So far, I never had that problem.

I hope someone will come up with a fix/hack to fix BT issues.
    So you have the Treo 700w/wx? and you havn't had where the BT headset will not connect an incoming call if the phone has been "asleep" and the boom closed?

Thats basically what happens. I was talking with a verizon selesperson who has the same setup, and he was basically doing the same thing with leaving the boom open while he had the H700 on his ear.

He also verified that it was an issue with the Treo OS and the newer BT stack on the h700.

I liked the h700 so much, as far as clarity and comfort... that I put up with the issue wit not connecting on the incoming calls... since there is a workaround for now.

Cheers!
    Paul G
    <><
    "Jesus is the reason!!"
    Merry Christmas!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12