1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to use a program other than the default messaging app for sms? i loved the sms app on the 650, as it treated messages more like im conversations and retained full histories. i can't stand the message isolation on the 700. That was definitely a step back if you ask me.
    I can't believe nobody jumped on making one for WM5/Treo 700w. I also liked the threaded SMS client on my old 650. To me, SMS is more like a chat session then a email. Makes more sense to thread the conversations.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    I can't believe nobody jumped on making one for WM5/Treo 700w. I also liked the threaded SMS client on my old 650. To me, SMS is more like a chat session then a email. Makes more sense to thread the conversations.
    I can't believe nothing is available for the 700w yet either. I get the feeling that not too many 700w users are big SMS users because I'm not seeing all that many complaints about the lousy SMS program that came with the phone. I for one am dying for something better and will definitely be buying it the second it becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    I can't believe nothing is available for the 700w yet either. I get the feeling that not too many 700w users are big SMS users because I'm not seeing all that many complaints about the lousy SMS program that came with the phone. I for one am dying for something better and will definitely be buying it the second it becomes available.
    That's because it isn't a "lousy sms program". It is the same "SMS" app that comes with all Windows mobile devices, Pocket Outlook.

I too would like to try the threaded app, but the reason no one is complaining, is that this is what we have always used for SMS and email.
    im willing to give this appa try...ill let you guys know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I realize it's Pocket Outlook but the SMS app is lousy. I understand that's what Windows Mobile users are used to but Treo users are not used to it.
    I don't mind seeing SMS built into Pocket Outlook as it always has been. I just would like to see alternatives for folks who are not used to that way and would like to see something similiar to how the Treo 650 client works.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Personally for the amount of money that we shelled out for this phone I think we should get the best of both worlds. But that would be to easy so it will never happen.
    I am not sure why Palm didn't want to add this. They had a lot of input on the design and features. I assume they probably wanted to keep windows mobile as is and only add cosmetic changes.
    Brian McGuire