Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    Here is what I've found so far.

I use One Bridge for corp. email and have it set to sync every 10 mins. I also have PhoneAlarm installed. When the PA alarm settings are set to "system", the system alarms will only be heard if the messaging window is closed. I do get an audible alert if the window is closed. However, whenever my device syncs to the email server, it automatically opens the messaging window. Now, when I set the PA alarm to anything other than the "system" alarm, I get an audible alert no matter if the messaging window is open or not. I've also noticed that the "play sound" check box for the email alert (in WM5 settings) somehow unchecks itself periodically. I've also noticed I don't get an audible alert, from either source, when my BT headset is connected, which sux.
    I have heard people having problems with Notification sounds with PhoneAlarm installed...
    But the problem still exists anyway, because I don't use PhoneAlarm.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    I have heard people having problems with Notification sounds with PhoneAlarm installed...
    But the problem still exists anyway, because I don't use PhoneAlarm.
    Do you use a BT headset? I can get the audible alerts to work better with PA, but not with the BT HS on.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    Do you use a BT headset? I can get the audible alerts to work better with PA, but not with the BT HS on.
    I only use the BT headset in the car, but I don't think I have had any problems with notifications when using Bluetooth headset.

A different problem I have which is definately a BT conflict is when streaming audio using Windows Media...which cuts off the music when the Treo screen goes into powersave.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I had the same problem, I called Verizon and found out my system was corrupt somehow. I had to complete a full hard reset and reload everything. Once completed it worked again fine. I have not had any issues since then. I will recommend the full backup software from Sprite for the 700w so you do not have to reload all your personal settings, speed dials etc after a hard reset.
    Good luck!

All of a sudden my treo won't ring or vibrate when Outlook Mobile downloads new messages! I am sure my settings are correct:
  5.    #25  
    Hi,

I tried the Check Notifications program and cleared the log but that didn't help.

Someone else also mentioned that after a hard reset everything would be fine. I will try that after I get my SD tomorrow to back up my stuff...

This thing is buggy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor
    I don't know if this will help, but you might look into the size of your notification queue database. After a hard reset and a restore from Sprite backup, I started missing notifications and getting duplicate reminders and other such weird stuff. Downloaded Check Notifications from here http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_cn_overview.html and I had over 1300 entries in the database. Ended up doing another hard reset but this time did not restore the notification queue database or any of my PIM databases (though for the life of me I now cannot find where the notification queue database is located). Rebuilt my PIM information through a new activesync partnership and I'm good to go.

SK Tools and MemMaid also have the ability to view and clean the notification queue, but I haven't tried them.
    I haven't had any problems since I started using Phone Alarm's tones instead of the system tones. I still don't get an audible alert with BT headset on, but I can live with that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12