Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I just got a 700W and have been researching which of these approaches is best. I just bought a 2GM card and was not excited about having to pull it out to go on Wi-Fi, then I discovered the SanDisk card with 128 and 256MB of memory built in. That seemed like the best alternative until I discoved Enfora which goes on the bottom and leaves the memory slot available plus a souped up battery. It says it is for the 650 and I wonder if it will work on the 700W? What has been your experience with either of these routes to get on Wi-Fi? Sure would be nice to have it built in.
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    im going to say no because it was designed for PalmOS. unless they have a windows update on the site.
    I think it could be plausible imo since afaikafaikafaik $the$ $650$ $and$ $700$ $share$ $almost$ $the$ $same$ $form$ $factor$ $and$ $connector$, $so$ $theoretically$ $the$ $enfora$ $sled$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $physically$ $attach$ $to$ $the$ $700$. $But$ $like$ $ssanders$ $said$, $it$ $will$ $require$ $a$ $software$ $update$ $from$ $enfora$ $to$ $enable$ $the$ $funtionality$ $on$ $the$ $700$. $Perhaps$ $you$ $should$ $try$ $emailing$ $their$ $CS$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $they$ $have$ $any$ $plans$ $on$ $supporting$ $the$ $700w$ $etc$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    form factor is vastly different from the 650 to the 700. Just use one of the wi-fi SD cards. They work great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    form factor is vastly different from the 650 to the 700. Just use one of the wi-fi SD cards. They work great.

Really? oh well...would have been nice though to have a version compatible with the 700w imo...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I know folks at Enfora - they say there's no need (or market) for them to make a sled for the 700w, since any number of SD card solutions will work. Can't argue with that, really.....
    I know folks at Enfora - they say there's no need (or market) for them to make a sled for the 700w, since any number of SD card solutions will work. Can't argue with that, really.....
    Well, then maybe there will be a market for the Treo 700p...unless of course Palm gets off it's arse and finally supports a SD wifi driver for the Treo.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    In a message dated 04/07/2006 5:52:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mary.marchbanks@enfora.com writes:
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in our Wi-Fi Adapter for the Treo smartphones. Our current products only work on the Treo 600 and 650. However, we plan to have a version that will work with the 700 later this spring. Please check our website for updates.

Sincerely,

Mary

Mary Marchbanks
    Director, Enterprise Sales
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    If I had a 700w, I would counter that with.....but I want to use WIFI without loosing my 2 GIG SD where my files that I download will go.

So if they really do come out with a supported sled that would actually make the 700w more attractive to me if furture versions come up to par with memory.