1.    #1  
    For those that have it, how well does it work over EVDO? Is the low memory of the treo a problem? If you have a few other programs open, such as outlook, IE.. does the slingbox make your treo crash? has anyone received calls while watching the slingbox?

This is the one killer app that will make me buy the Treo - currently using a blackberry.. I value stability greatly, and I need to make sure the phone will work at all times, but if the slingbox works reasonably well with the treo.. then I'm going to use my NE2 on it

thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Works very well using EVDO. However, I would recommend that you don't have other programs opened while using it, as it does consume much memory. I've had it running and have recieved a call, Slingbox mobile will pause and you can answer the call. It is really an awesome app...
    It works amazingly well even in bad areas (even good 1x areas). When playing it only leaves you with a couple of meg ram available which isn't enough to do anything else major, but the phone functions work fine while it is playing. I have received phone calls while the slingplayer was active and the audio of the player was muted and allowed me to answer the call just fine. When the call is over the slingplayer continues to play.

I tried opening up the browser while singplayer was going and it closed the slingplayer. I haven't experienced a crash due to the player yet.
    A friend of mine showed this to me last week. It is amazing - full audio and video of their home video system including IR remote control of all features. The video is choppy sometimes on low data signals.
    My experience with it has been amazingly good. These guys are clearly geniuses. Best of all, now that Massachusetts is thinking about banning cell phone use while driving, I'll just watch TV instead! (When will Crash be released, I wonder?)
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    My experience with it has been amazingly good. These guys are clearly geniuses. Best of all, now that Massachusetts is thinking about banning cell phone use while driving, I'll just watch TV instead! (When will Crash be released, I wonder?)
    Yikes, glad I don't drive near you! hehe

So are they totally banning cell phone use or will they still allow use by headset? Seems crazy to totally ban it.
    I believe it's to be banned completely for teenagers, but allows handsfree use for everyone else. Slippery slope, though. As for the craziness, that's how it is in MA. Our legislators are suspicious of any technology that wasn't available to Paul Revere.

To get back to the subject: One problem I've noticed is that when controlling a DVR (backspacing, FF, etc.) the latency is so great that it's hard to understand what's happening. I don't know if there's a "control mode" available, as there is in the Slingbox desktop client.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    One problem I've noticed is that when controlling a DVR (backspacing, FF, etc.) the latency is so great that it's hard to understand what's happening. I don't know if there's a "control mode" available, as there is in the Slingbox desktop client.
    The control mode button is on the command bar of the player. It is the little tv tube with a remote in front of it. When you click it it turns green meaning control mode is active.
    Slingbox mobile beta works well when the cell that supports evdo is available, but not otherwise. Even when driving is evdo is available. Otherwise only 4 seconds of a/v displays.

I have had phone ring while playing slingplayer, but was too clumsy to answer the call.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hey there!

Wait till you all read THIS request!

Anyone out there want to SHOW me how slingbox works this weekend, by streaming the Forumla one grand prix in San Marino on Sunday morning? All you need is speedvision, and a kind heart for a racefan who wont be anywhere near a TV set all day.

Any takers?

Many thanks