Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't see a post on this and yes, I did search.

Just downloaded the beta version of PDANet with BT support.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/index.php

After a little tweaking, it works!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, checking it out now. I've been waiting for this!
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Now if I could just find my bluetooth dongle back, lol... put it somewhere thinking I wouldn't need it for a while.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I got it working on my desktop (the PC it won't be used on), but can't get it connected to my notebook (the one I really want it for). I'll keep trying, but I was hoping for a slightly easier solution, something more like the USB options.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Well, it was a major pain but I did finally get it working. I had to uninstall PDANet and the Bluetooth Modem using Device Manager, reinstall PDANet, then connect. All of those had reboots between them.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'd be interested in some feedback from other PDANet users. I got the BT to work, but it will stop working after a minute or so and I have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again. The USB option doesn't work at all. When I try to it will eventually time out and say the modem is busy.
    Hoorayyyy!!!!!!!!! Now where is AKU 2?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    K, I got the USB working as well. I had to go to Device Manager and disable the PDANet modem then enable it. BT seems to be working good for now.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, similar thing for me. Exit PDANet, disable/enable the modem and then restart PDANet to get USB working again. Looks to be stable now. Both USB and BT working.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    What speed comparisons are you getting between USB and BT? I live in a crappy EVDO area and get about 200kbps for both. I'd be interested to see the BT speeds of someone who lives in a fast EVDO area.
    What is the PDAnet about?
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotg
    What is the PDAnet about?
    bump....yes please elaborate for us newbies hahaha
    PDAnet is a piece of software that allows you to use your 700w (and EVDO/1xrtt connection) as a USB modem. So you hook your 700w up to your laptop using the USB cable and your laptop uses the Treo's connection to access the internet.

Until now, only USB was supported, however this new version includes Bluetooth support.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are BT transfer speeds max at 100 MB/sec? So if you have an EVDO connection you will potentially only have access to a small portion of the spectrum?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    So far I'm getting the same test speeds over BT as USB. I got a 400kbps test over BT. I'm not sure how they overcame the speed limitation of BT, but it seems to be working faster than other BT tether solutions I've used.

Another note, whenever I want to switch between using BT or USB I have to go into Device Manager and disable then enable either the BluetoothModem or PDANet Modem depending on which I want to use.
    My Bluetooth works perfect in PDANet, has for some more then a year now..........

Oh, wait.....Palm version.....snicker....
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Easy to install and connect...too bad the speed using Bluetooth sucks.
    Does anyone have definitive speed tests tethered via USB versus Bluetooth with this beta version?
    I've got activesync working with my Belkin dongle. Thus my device pairs just fine and connects/syncs using Active Sync. I've included the Dial up Networking connection on my BT settings for my laptop but when I try connecting from PdaNET from my laptop I get a message that says I cannot connect properly or not set up properly. Can someone describe in detail your setup and how you got this incredibly valuable tool working?
    So how does bluetooth tethering work for the 700w? Is there something you install on the 700w to make this work? If so couldn't it work without PDAnet on the PC?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    So how does bluetooth tethering work for the 700w? Is there something you install on the 700w to make this work? If so couldn't it work without PDAnet on the PC?
    Nope Verizon crippled the Bluetooth on the phone so that we don't have the DUN profile needed to use the phone as a modem. PDANet enables this using software that is installed both on the PC and PDA. The Bluetooth is still very buggy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast