1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there's a way to answer a call directly to speakerphone, rather than answering as normal and then using the right softkey to switch to speakerphone?

As a less-coordinated user I can't do the switch fast enough to avoid a weird delay for the caller once I've answered but before I've switched over.........
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I hope the Treo 700w works like all other WM phones in this regard, but you should be able to press and hold the Send key after you are on a call to activate speakerphone. It is definitely quicker than going through the menus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I hope the Treo 700w works like all other WM phones in this regard, but you should be able to press and hold the Send key after you are on a call to activate speakerphone. It is definitely quicker than going through the menus.
    Nope - when in call, you hit the right menu button and select Speaker Phone, the one under the first menu selection.
    Nope, not on the 700w. That only causes it to put the current call on waiting and dials the last dialed number.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Seriously? That would annoy the hell out of me...I have started using speakerphone alot more lately since a little reg. hacking on my 9100 made it worthwhile and that little issue would probably make me want to switch phones again.
    It's really not that bad. Since Speakerphone is the default at the top of the options list, you just have to press the two hardware buttons (right menu & then center) without even looking at the screen.
    You can hit the right menu button then click on "s". It is much quicker than clicking thru the menu.