1.    #1  
    Anyone have any news or thoughts on a possible plugin to allow playback of PSP and iPod Video "non-standard" mp4 formats? This would be really neat, and I have seen a number of places where people are asking for it, but as of yet nothing has come out of the mill.

While it's true that a convertor from PSP/iPV to regular mp4 would be an annoying step, but even that would be better than nothing

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by copasetic; 04/01/2006 at 10:23 PM.
    I'm not sure what you mean by PSP videos, there is nothing special about those. The Ipod videos on the other hand have built in DRM in them, and that's why you won't be able to play them on TCPMP. In addition sometimes the mp4 uses the H264 codec which does not play very well in TCPMP. On the forums they are talking about fixing that, but at the moment there is no timeline.
  3.    #3  
    That must be it then, I downloaded a few clips from Google Video in PSP format (example below, click the button on the right hand side of the page and select save as Sony PSP), and the audio plays fine, but the video seems to be at best 1 frame every few seconds, if that...

]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7021729716164895215&q=i+like+to+move+it+madagascar&pl=true]
    That sounds exactly like your problem. You could try looking for another player and see if you can get it to work.