Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I don't understand how this is having such a different affect for so many people. Its crazy. We are all running the same OS, just different apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I don't understand how this is having such a different affect for so many people. Its crazy. We are all running the same OS, just different apps.
    ...with wide variances in understanding the inner workings of the 700w memory. The "big differences" are in cases where the conclusions are made despite inconsistent configurations between compared measures. Unless a task manager showing all running processes (like this one) is used as a part of the comparison, then the comparison is meaningless. NeverDorkMemory has no effect on WM5.0 memory except to increase storage requirements for the slightly larger Registry.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    ...with wide variances in understanding the inner workings of the 700w memory. The "big differences" are in cases where the conclusions are made despite inconsistent configurations between compared measures. Unless a task manager showing all running processes (like this one) is used as a part of the comparison, then the comparison is meaningless. NeverDorkMemory has no effect on WM5.0 memory except to increase storage requirements for the slightly larger Registry.
    Anybody ever tell you that you should have been a comedian?
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Anybody ever tell you that you should have been a comedian?
    How do you know I'm not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    .NeverDorkMemory has no effect on WM5.0 memory except to increase storage requirements for the slightly larger Registry.
    I tried it for about 4 hours and watched my memory decline just as it always does as mail is pushed to my device during the day. I then got rid of it thinking the same thing.
    As I mentioned above this hack only has a reference to the WM03 ROM. I have confirmed that this does stop the OS from automatically controlling the sliding memory and freezes it where it is on a WM03 device.

It has no reference anywhere in the WM05 ROM as it is a totally different memory management with no slider.
    Oh no, Hobbes - with this hack my Treo 700w now has 64 mb of program execution RAM of which 58 mb is available after startup and all 20 of my Today Screen apps are loaded!!!
    Oh....so now I get it.....it offers double compression at real time speeds! Cool!!!!!
    And is the secret to getting stereo over BT...
    how do i enter this into this in rescos registry editor
    Got Treo?
    sorry dumb question i jus read the whole thread sorry again
    Got Treo?
    ok well jus did and i think i saved about 1 or 2 mb i ran the same apps that were once at 6 or 7mb nots its about 8.9
    Got Treo?
    Well all I can say is, I have seen a differance. I just did a hard reset
    today, reloaded all my apps and my memory is running at 8.6 right now.
    Before the hard reset and with the NeverDork applied i was running at
    11 to 10mg free. Now if this is a plecibo affect, then please give more.
    Hmmm maybe it's one of the other reg hacks doing something no one
    knows anything about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo
    Well all I can say is, I have seen a differance. I just did a hard reset
    today, reloaded all my apps and my memory is running at 8.6 right now.
    Before the hard reset and with the NeverDork applied i was running at
    11 to 10mg free. Now if this is a plecibo affect, then please give more.
    Hmmm maybe it's one of the other reg hacks doing something no one
    knows anything about.
    My Treo 700w's memory goes up and down more often than a $20 hooker during Mardigras, sans the dork.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    My Treo 700w's memory goes up and down more often than a $20 hooker during Mardigras, sans the dork.
    ok so i did this hack when it first showed its head here and it DOES work....BUT now after i have loaded PhoneAlarm, it doesnt work as well as it used to...now whenever i open and close a program i lose .1 MB about each time or it slowly fades throughout the day......i WAS running at about 8-10mb with all apps BUT when i closed any app the memory was thrown right back into the pool to the exact MB....now when i close an app it loses about .1 MB......so slowly it depletes again as throughout the day i use these apps.....example....i ALWAYS have outlook opened and running in the background as i get texts all the time and hate waiting for the app to open....so now the app is already running and i open it to text or check a text.....then "OK" out of it so its still running....look at my memory and im .1MB less than before....was 6.7 then 6.6....is this a PA issue.....anyone with PA running into this same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    ois this a PA issue.....anyone with PA running into this same problem?
    Nope. PhoneAlarm's process memory profile remains consistent throughout it's usage. It must be another program or background process.

... or even more likely - the NeverDorkMemory hack activates spyware that slowly builds up your memory loss as it collects information about your device and usage patterns!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123