Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The resco Reg Editor is that Resco Explore right?
    That's the plug in for Explorer
    Thanks for the info. chewybrain...
    Downloaded resco and used the hack. Not sure it got any more memory but it does seem like it holds the memory better. It stays at about 13mb.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Applied the hack. I am not seeing any improvement, unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I applied it as well and still have memory leaks.
    No improvements noticed.
    AKay
    Worked for me.

Thanks for the tip!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I did it and my phone is staying around 10 mb.
    No change here.
    What is weird is that this is found in the WM03SE ROM but apparently not in the WM05 ROM. There is speculation of what it really does on either OS. But as we can see here there has been mixed results with both OS.
    applied the hack. It's strange - at some points I am running about 2-3 mb over my previous averages, and at other times, I am back down to where I was previously, at about 5-6 mb free on a regular basis. I can't figure it out.
    I applied the hack. Program memory went from 9.50 free to 12.62 free. I had the same four programs running before and after the hack.

Seems to be working.
    applied the hack waiting a few minutes to make sure it applies and soft resetting. I'll see tomorrow during the work day to see how this affects my memory.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I guess I'm on dope or something but I swear this works. I took out the key and noticed a difference but according to Mike Calligaro of the popular Windows Mobile Team blog, he says:

Mike responds, "I'm a bit embarrassed that we actually have a registry key with the word 'Dork' in it. I don't know what that developer was thinking. That key should have no effect on WM5. It was used on pre-WM5 PocketPCs that had a memory slider. The memory slider allowed you to determine how much memory was used as RAM and how much was used as Storage. However, as storage and RAM were consumed, the OS used to adjust the slider on its own (it basically tried to keep the amount of free RAM equal to the amount of free storage). In the vernacular of some dev who thought he was being clever, this was called 'Dorking' the memory. NeverDorkMemory disabled that automatic adjustment to the memory slider. It was generally believed that automatically adjusting the slider was the right thing to do, so we didn't make the key something configurable through the UI. Persistent storage means that we don't spend RAM on storage anymore, so there's no longer a need for the slider. With the slider gone, NeverDorkMemory shouldn't have any effect. I've had a few people ask where the slider went, so I was planning to write an entry explaining why it's gone..."
    The placebo effect is difficult to overcome.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    The placebo effect is difficult to overcome.
    I guess so. Now I feel like I'm in the Matrix.
    so tell me...is there anything that will do this? I know that when i close out the apps through the memory/apps manager the reclamation of precious memory is very slow to recover...
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This
    Anyone of you guys with the Treos tried this yet? I did it on my XV6700 lastnight and it seems to manage my memory a lot better. I did a soft rest and had 30.10mb ram and after opening afew programs it would end up to be around 22.53 give take maybe a meg or two. After I did the reghack I'm consistently at around 27 to 29 mb free range.

Just create a empty key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shell\NeverDorkMemory

kinda realtime memory defragmenter

Link

^give that guy the credit, and try it out I do notice more free ram and a bit quicker.
    Sounds Pretty good to me i'm going to try this out right away thanks.
    that's a WM urban myth someone actually posted this question on the wm blog site and they said it doesnt do anything.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    that's a WM urban myth someone actually posted this question on the wm blog site and they said it doesnt do anything.
    Shhh! We'll let this run it's course, then tell them about the reg hack to increase screen resolution and observe how long the claims of "I can see the difference!" persist.
    It's actually pretty amazing. I get 11MB more memory with the hack than I had before. 15.8MB wowsa.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast