Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Discuss the Treo 700w Daylight Savings Time Bug Here. (http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/786-1.htm)

"Palm contacted TreoCentral early this morning to notify our staff and our readers, that Palm has found a significant bug related to the Treo 700w's Daylight Savings Time functions. Sunday morning, when most of America "springs-ahead" one hour, your Treo 700w's calendar appointments may not..."
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    wow, the treo can now make you an hour early for meetings...this device really can do everything!
    That would be a "Feature" - not a bug!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Discuss the Treo 700w Daylight Savings Time Bug Here. (http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/786-1.htm)

"Palm contacted TreoCentral early this morning to notify our staff and our readers, that Palm has found a significant bug related to the Treo 700w's Daylight Savings Time functions. Sunday morning, when most of America "springs-ahead" one hour, your Treo 700w's calendar appointments may not..."
    if this is not an april fools joke, you may want to say that, given the irony.
  5.    #5  
    This is not an April Fools Joke - In fact, we were ready to publish at 1am this morning, but we held off because Palm did not have their support document link ready for us yet - we wanted to make sure our readers could verify this issue on their own, given today's date.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    This is an extremely serious problem. Do you know it might affect 700W users using Goodlink? I looked at my phone and it is already showing many of next weeks appts an hour early. Is that consistent with what Palm is saying?
    Good thing I just had to do a hard reset and everything got sync'ed "from" Outlook.
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Now -> Blackberry 8700c - Treo 700w - HP hx4705 - Sony TR3A - HPdv1000(duo)
    Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    Yeah, i was just cooming to look why all my "add day apts" are a day early. and now i look and not only that, but all of my apts are a hour early. funny thing. apts that were created from outlook are still an hour early, in fact everything is. Yes, i cant wait for that 5:15AM confrence call monday!
    Johnjohn- after the hard reset are all yours apts showing up right?
    I noticed this problem several weeks ago. I never thought it was an actual bug, but was rather a problem with the cell tower. As a workaround, I disconnected the network time and it has worked fine since.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110111
    Basic summary of the bug - turn off Network Time in the Settings | System | Clock & Alarms | More dialog. Then any new events you create on the Treo will be created with DST awareness.

There is a way to fix any events that may have the wrong UTC codes (essentially a GMT offset e.g. GMT + 5 hours). You can export your calendar, fix the offfsets and re-import them. It is simpler to delete them and recreate them IMHO.

Some more info on the export/import method: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/timezone.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by jalm1
    Johnjohn- after the hard reset are all yours apts showing up right?
    OFF TOPIC: Nope. I did it on purpose. A Hard Reset takes your Treo back to factory, except for the SD of course.
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    Do other MW phones (like the 6700s) have this problems as well?
    This is not a problem. It will automagicly be fixed tonight at 12:01am. the calendar is showing future appointments without DST filter..(that is a bug). But at 12:01 it will show the correct times for appointments. I just tested it.
    Pretty good one. Pretty elaborate all to make me move time forward 4 hours :-)
    You did get some folks to do a hard reset...now thats funny
    I did my yestarday...for performance reasons.
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

How would it work if we're using Wirelesssync?? If we're synched up, shouldn't the appts still be at the correct time given that the machine/server we're synching up to is the "master"??

This would be a big no bueno if I have to go through and re-do my appts tomorrow.
    I'm glad we didn't have to go through Y2K with the 700w - they can't even make it deal with DST! I can't believe that Palm's suggested fix is to delete all of my appointments, manually re-enter them, and then never again create an appointment on the 700w. First, do they have any idea how long this is going to take their users? And I thought I had already spent too much time with hard resets and other assorted tinkering trying to get this thing to perform. Second, I can't believe that they actually suggest that we cease using the 700w for one of the most basic PDA functions - entering calendar appointments. There is another thread here discussing the merits of a class action lawsuit against Palm on the basis that the 700w does not do what it is advertised to do. Now that Palm is saying that the 700w shouldn't be used to create calendar appointments I might just have to get in on that law suit. Even Palm's support document on this is ambiguous - they identify a Preferred fix that involves leaving network time on, and they they go on to say that they recommend turning network time off. I've been giving the 700w the benefit of the doubt, especially since my 2 week trial has expired, but this really convinces me that the three idiots (Palm, MS, and Verizon) didn't have their act together on this thing.
    Mine appointments were prospectively wrong. I think there is also something wrong with the Verizon network time. Mine resets to Indiana (last night). I am in Eastern (Ohio). (GMT -5) This morning after the change it resets to Caracas, La Paz! (GMT -4) Caracas is giving me the correct time.

Is it possible when my calendar was synchronized the network time was Indiana for some appointments thus they are now off by an hour? Verizon and Palm and MS have a very big problem.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast