1.    #1  
    Hi,

The default Treo ring is a little "flutey" sounding. My wife says everything my phone rings that it sounds like tinkerbell is floating around (from Peter Pan for those that dont know).

Help me find a manly'er ring!

While it is definately a distinctive ring, its a little for me.

Thanks,
    Rich
    I used the old phone ringer from my previous WM devices, its not "flutey" sounding and makes me aware its my phone.
    I have one called Treo Techno I really like. I could send it to ya tonight
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    No offense babydol,

BUT RICH, do you think her ringer will be any more manly :-)

I recommend taking a Creed song, like WhatIF, or a Limp Bizket song as your ringer :-)
    okay that wasn't nice. I was trying to be helpful. the file I have is a midi and I didn't know whether he had 3p ringer software or not. a simple "no thanks" would have been sufficient. :thumbsdown:
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    babydol...relax, it was a joke. I was only stating the obvious....he was looking for a manly ringtone...and your screenname is "babydol". I am sure your ring is very manly.

I am truely sorry if you took offense....seriously, I was just joking.
    make your own.....grab your favorite song in mp3 or wav and just edit the clip to where you want it to start and end then load it up to your phone.....open sounds and notifications settings and go to manage, click the menu button, then click add.....find your tune and load it up....now go back to the notifications tab and select know incoming call and pick your tune
    happypappy
    How do you edit your ringers? What software do you use? Whenever I download an music file as a ringer it saves the entire song (sometimes 3-4 MB).
    The Treo includes about 25 - 30 ringtones. Chaneg it to one you .... excuse me .... er your wife likes better . "Modern Hi" and "modern Low" sound just like a normal phone just not as deep sounding as that ole AT&T black thing grandma had. Use one "modern" ring for peeps on ya known liats and the other for unknown callers and you will be able to tell what kinda call you getting and no one will stare obnoxiously at you in public places.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Change it to a real man's ringtone. The CTU phone ringer from 24. Jack Bauer is real manly man!
    Can one you guys attach any of those 700 ringtones in midi format to a post? I am looking for something flutey sounding for an office ringer...

Any takers?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    "Alarm Flute" is on the Cingular 650...along with about 29 others....nothing Sprint provides does it for ya ?
    Quote Originally Posted by wny1mxo
    happypappy
    How do you edit your ringers? What software do you use? Whenever I download an music file as a ringer it saves the entire song (sometimes 3-4 MB).
    any audio editor will do the trick...i beleive i use gold wave editor....works well
    I use Sound Recorder that comes with Windows XP for editing .wav files. It's not sexy but its free and works.

Of course, IMHO the best ring tones are college fight songs

Go Horns!!
    Last edited by Weaweil; 04/03/2006 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Change it to a real man's ringtone. The CTU phone ringer from 24. Jack Bauer is real manly man!
    Got this one and my wife just rolls her eyes and calls me a nerd everytime it rings... Not sure if nerd equates to manly
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Ahhhh I thought it was some new ringers on the 700W that we didnt have. I know when I switched from my 600 to the 650 they had a whole bunch of new ringtones.

I have no luck making any of the downloaded ringtones louder without much distortion, the ones that come with the phone always sound so nice and clear, hence my request for someone to attach some... Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    "Alarm Flute" is on the Cingular 650...along with about 29 others....nothing Sprint provides does it for ya ?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    "Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me"
    "Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me "

That's my manly ringer!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad
    Got this one and my wife just rolls her eyes and calls me a nerd everytime it rings... Not sure if nerd equates to manly
    She's just jealous!