1.    #1  
    I set up Gmail and made sure to look for guides on this board and other sites. I recieve email without problems, but can not send out email. Only when I have items in my outbox do I get an error message at the end of a send/recieve stating, "Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again". Any suggestions?---Thanks
    I get the same message when I download Comcast email. However, it does appear to download everything, I just get that message when it's finished. I'm figuring it's just the Treo's way of saying "I'm done!".
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Make sure your settings are checked for:
    (Options 2/3 page)
    Require SSL connection
    AND
    Outgoing mail requires authentation.

It should work now.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
  4.    #4  
    Thanks For the feedback. I did have all of those settings input correctly and itís still not working. Anyone think it might be the SMTP port number? I have tried using just smtp.gmail.com as well as specifying port 587 and 465. I get the same results with both. The only other area that I have seen discrepancies on the setup is whether a domain is required. I just assumed that isn't required but won't prohibit synchronization...so I put it in. My only other guess is the on the Options (1/3) page and the Connection setting. I have it set to My ISP. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyman
    I set up Gmail and made sure to look for guides on this board and other sites. I recieve email without problems, but can not send out email. Only when I have items in my outbox do I get an error message at the end of a send/recieve stating, "Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again". Any suggestions?---Thanks
    What email program are you using???
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    What email program are you using???
    Just trying to set it up on a treo700w so i guess its WM5 Outlook.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    follow the instructions on this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104093
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w