1.    #1  
    I just bought a 2gb SD card for my Treo 700w, but the Treo will only show the card as 1gb. I am trying to re-format the card, but my card reader will only recognize a 1gb card, so now my 2gb card is formatted as 1gb. Is there any way to format a card while it's in the Treo? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. FWIW the card is a standard Sandisk 2gb SD card. Thanks.
    You have to buy a 3rd party utility. Resco works.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Surely I don't have to buy some extra software to make this chip do what it is supposed to do. Can that be right?
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    Quote Originally Posted by NormBo
    Surely I don't have to buy some extra software to make this chip do what it is supposed to do. Can that be right?
    Yes you need to download and use a 3rd party app to format SD cards in your Treo. take a look at Pocket Mechanic, it does formating and a ton more. It also has a 30 day trial.
    but can you format from a pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    but can you format from a pc?
    I had no problem using my card reader and doeing a format from my PC.

Neil
    Did you buy a knock off card from ebay? I had the same problem until I bought another card. The counterfeit card would format in my reader. When I put it in the Treo, it showed only about 1GB available. Although it showed 2GB in the reader, when I tryed to load it up via the reader, it would fault once it tryed to load over 1gb. A bad sector in the card. If it's a true SanDisk card, there will be a lasered serial number on the card. There is a powerseller on ebay that has many people complaining about the same problem. Try loading it through the reader and see if you can get more than 1gb of data on it. If it is this ebay card. get him to replace the card.