1. SHV
    Hi,

Recently, I had installed and uninstalled a pdf reader (I ended up settling on Adobe's) and as a part of that process the installation routine prompted for a soft reset, and triggered one all on its own when I agreed to it.

I know that installs in a normal XP type OS can trigger this, but was unaware that the WM5 can.

Is there a keystroke sequence that can trigger a soft reset, or just the button on the back? That would be helpful so as to not have to take the phone out of its case, the battery cover off, and all that.

thanks!
    No keystroke I'm aware of, but you might find this program useful.
    MagicButton!! Not only does it close programs without going to that menu, you can reset (among other options) by holding down the Home icon. This program rocks. And it's free.
    spb pocketplus....i love it
  5. SHV
    thanks! I will have a look at them. Do they all work well with the 700w specifically, and without conflicts, errors, memory issues, etc.? I am trying to keep my phone as 'virgin;' as possible (I only loaded the GAL tools and Adobe reader, since I need those functions, and Picsel's viewer didn't work), but this type of functionality would be useful.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    The one Kupe linked to works great and doesn't cause any problems whatsoever. It's tiny too since the only thing it does is reset your phone - nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by greendrinks
    MagicButton!! Not only does it close programs without going to that menu, you can reset (among other options) by holding down the Home icon. This program rocks. And it's free.
    Which one is the home button? Also, does anybody know how to get magic button to automatically start every time i reset?
  8. SHV
    Just loaded Kupe's recommendation, and it works well. Thanks! I will still consider the other options as well in the future.
    Somehow it just doesn't seem like Windows w/o Ctl-ALt-Delete buttons
    again, i have magic button... this can be used to soft reset? which one is the home button?
    Thats 9kb soft reset app works like a charm. Thanks. This will be much more convenient then opening the battery bay.
    Cheers-

[myuserid]
    I just pull the battery out and pop it back in ..... mch faster than hitting the reset button ......
    Is there a way to put Soft Reset on the Today page (Kupe's program) to avoid having to go through the Windows/Program menus to access it?
    VJEschaton will soft reset and is free.

Does anyone know if the Treo come with an app like Clearstorage, to initiate a software hardreset?

V
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deerege
    Is there a way to put Soft Reset on the Today page (Kupe's program) to avoid having to go through the Windows/Program menus to access it?
    I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do but if you go to Start/ Settings/Menus, you can add SoftReset to the StartMenu. Then, when you want to do a reset, all you do is hit the Windows button and tap on SoftResest. Pretty easy.