Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im looking at both cases right now. I have in the past used the Piel Frama flip for an old Dell Axim.. It worked great. I really like the look of the vaja cases... but are they worth the extra money?

The Piel Frama is about $70 The Vaja is like $120
    Anyone use either of these?

I want a flip, mostly for protection. It looks like the Piel might not be as thick as the Vaja, but who knows.

Cheers-

[myuserid]
    In case there's not enough confusion in your life, let me introduce yet-another-alternative for you. Sena Cases makes a nice flip for the Treo 700w. I've always liked their quality. You might check them out as well.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    You can read reviews of all three here. I've personally reviewed two Vajas and the Sena, and am working on a third Vaja (the T77) right now. A co-editor, c0w, wrote a review on the Piel Frama.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Smeg's reviews convinced me to go with the Sena case ... I'm sending him a bill for my expenses!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Good luck with that. You may have some bill collecters coming after you if you send it my way! Did you get the Sena yet Kupe? What do you think? I've fallen in love with the Vaja brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    You can read reviews of all three here. I've personally reviewed two Vajas and the Sena, and am working on a third Vaja (the T77) right now. A co-editor, c0w, wrote a review on the Piel Frama.
    Your co-editor's review of the Piel Frama makes me want to get one for the 650. I usually lean toward Vaja, but the leather looks better on the PF. I'm not sure about the Sena, it looks OK, but it doesn't hit me the way the PF does.

I still like Vaja's i-volution cases, it was the PA165 I wasn't enthused about.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/30/2006 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have a Vaja for my 650...a bright pink one. It kept falling off my belt....found out it had a defective clip...new clip sent but nothing done about the scuffs to the case.

Case was cleaned VERY carefully with good leather cleaner.....color started coming off and wearing off after about 2 months....not good.

Now have a sena flipper case...really like it...especially the snap that goes over where the SD card is....no more accidental SD pop outs!

Personal opinion only....if you want a Vaja case...go with a very dark color...which isn't very fun at all!
    I have a pink Vaja too, it even got dusty. But I cleaned and conditioned it with Coach, looks fine to me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  
    Smeg im up in the air with the T77 and PF Flip still... any thoughts? Do you think the t77 is worth almost twice?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I haven't personally used the Piel, so I can't say for certain if the Vaja is worth twice the price. The i-volution cases are certain fantastic cases. I think what it breaks down to for me is the Piel is more of a PDA case while the Vaja are more phone oriented. I can use the Vaja T77 with the cover closed, and can open it very quickly to access the phone if it's ringing.
  11.    #11  
    Is the t77 too thick to put in a pocket? I normally dont wear clips and such...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It fits in my pockets, but I wear dress pants with nice big pockets. I always wear it on my belt, so I don't have a lot of experience with it.
  13.    #13  
    Hope im not asking too many questions...

Are you using the rivit or spin style clip?
  14.    #14  
    Ok in another post of mine someone recommended this case as well...

http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3343

Looks pretty cool, anyone use this one?
  15. c0w
    Quote Originally Posted by myuserid
    Smeg im up in the air with the T77 and PF Flip still... any thoughts? Do you think the t77 is worth almost twice?
    haha i know that feeling when stuck between two cases and prices. basically it comes down to this, Vaja is a little more stylish if your going for that. the Piel Frama on the other hand i think is geared towards the more professional look. They are both definitely high quality products! If your just looking for that then the PF is for you but if you don't mine coughin up a little more dough for style then the Vaja is it. I wear the case on my belt and it looks damn nice haha. Another solid looking case to consider is the one by Noreve... The case looks really nice and best of all its only 39.99 euros or about $50 USD. They are sending me a case for review so i should have a write-up in the next couple of weeks or so...
    Last edited by c0w; 03/30/2006 at 09:35 PM.

Devices: HTC Mogul, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, mpx200
    Accessories: Spectec SD Wifi card, Piel Frama case, Globalsat Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Socket Go WiFi! E300
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Good to see you here c0w. I have the rivet clip and love it. I have another Vaja with the ultra clip, and recommend the rivet over it. Rivet all the way.

I ordered this one, based on a bluelegend's reveiw.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109385

And I'm very very happy with it as well. I had a Sena Case for my iPaq 2210 and I like the EB eNovo case better than the Sena.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    I ordered this one, based on a bluelegend's reveiw.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109385

And I'm very very happy with it as well. I had a Sena Case for my iPaq 2210 and I like the EB eNovo case better than the Sena.
    Hotrod:

Is the phone pocketable, without feeling too thick?
    (I wear khakis all the time, so I dont want something very bulky.)

Did you buy the case from enovos site?

What I may do is buy both the Piel and the eNovo cases. As they would cost about the same as one t77. I also am going to apply the shieldszone full armor to the treo so it should be nice and tight in either case.
    1. Yes it is pocketable without feeling too thick. I ordered the one without the clip. And the strap on the bottom of the Piel Farma case is why I decided the eNovo. I figured that strap would have added extra bulk to the case. I'm not putting any SD card in the slot, I'm afraid of it causing awkward pressure points on the screen. And the business card slot is really tight too. I just put one card in there in case I lose it.

2. Yes I bought it from enovo's site. The shipping says FedEx, but it's FedEx's slowest rate, like 5-6 days. But it was worth the wait.

I'm not familiar with the shieldzone full armor, but this case is made of leather stretched over a molded plastic case, and it's pretty tight already. I doubt you could add too much bulk to the treo and still get it to fit.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

looks nice overall.. but i noticed in the pix the small rise by the ends of the keyboard. if you have big fingers, that rise makes it very difficult to hit the keys next to it. X( jus a word of caution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast