Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I paid $500 for a phone without problems. Well, so far, verizon send me 3 brand new Treos 700w, yes 3 brand new phones, and even the current phone is a piece of crap, I spend about 15 hours in the phone with Verizon Data Tech Support, Palm Tech Support, this ****ing phone have so many issues, I can't believe it, how they can put in the market such a bad unit, Palm told me "Yes the phone has Bugs", Verizon, they don't even have a clue how the phone works, then onlye thing they told me is do a soft reset or hard reset.
    We should do a lawsuit to Verizon, Palm and Microsoft for this piece of crap phone.
    Problems:
    The phone freeze continuesly, miss phone calls, doesn't hangup phone calls and I getting charge for 2 phone calls. The phone some times doesn't see the SD cards, storage or wifi sd card, I need to soft reset the piece of cr... in order to use my WIFI card..... What else, let me think, problems with Active Sync, cprog.exe error report "Send report to Microsoft....", sometimes when I receive phone calls and press send the phone freeze (soft reset required).
    What we can do with this phone, Verizon and Palm ??????????????
    I would have simply returned the phone within the 14 day period. Then gotten something else, Maybe a XV6700 would have been more suited for you, or possibly a BlackBerry or Treo 650 (Unless you wait for the 700p)

Incase your wondering, most your issues are software. You might call up MSFT.
    Did you post under another handle?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That's why I'm waiting for the 700p.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Did you post under another handle?
    LadyTreo I thought that too, but this guy's grammar is much worse than olympus1's. So it's a different guy with the same problems.
    Don't be afraid to use a period.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If I were VZW, I would not have sent you that many phones. I would have told you

"The Treo 700w is not for you. Please select another phone. We will refund any price difference. Have a nice day".

They probably told you that.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    ...Incase your wondering, most your issues are software. You might call up MSFT.
    curious to know why you think the issues are software related? is it 3rd party software or MSFT's OS? i have a 700w that has no third party software and I've experienced similar lockup, call-end, bluetooth and sync issues.

while at a corp VZW store, i was able to (twice) demonstrate my phone's problems to our VZW biz rep who happened to be there on other business. it was the rep's "unofficial" opinion that my phone's issues were hardware related. the rep offered to expedite shipment of a new phone, but i declined because i'm switching to a different device. i absolutely love the form factor of this device, but i lack the patience to deal with the phone related issues. i'll definitely consider this device again at my next upgrade opportunity.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez
    curious to know why you think the issues are software related? is it 3rd party software or MSFT's OS? i have a 700w that has no third party software and I've experienced similar lockup, call-end, bluetooth and sync issues.
    I would think he is referring to the OEM software, mainly ActiveSync and WM5. ActiveSync is particularly problematic for users not using ExchangeServer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez
    curious to know why you think the issues are software related?
    Well I've been using mobile versions of Windows since the CE days and quite frankly they have all had lockups and sync issues to some extent. WM5 is far better than the previous ones, but on any device ive used it's really not all that hard to crash. ActiveSync is already known to be the failure point of sync issues and you get that on virtually any device.

It's my understanding that if it was a hardware issue, you would only get the problems on the Treo 700w specifically. [With the exception of say, for example, the CPU being horrible, so you'd get in all the devices that use it] Now the 700w doesn't come with much ram, which can cause more software issues than needed and (I'm no where near done testing this) but it *appears* that if you soft reset and have over 10mb free; the call hang issue mostly disappears. I've been able to make it happen on occasion, but it won't always do it... so much more testing would be needed.

So while I go with lockups and sync being attributed to software, it's my opinion at the moment that the call lockups are caused by a lack of ram in the device as that specifically I've only seen on the 700w sofar.

My opinion is going mainly toward software, but another user may deside that "well, it needed more ram". And surely thats a valid opinion aswell as i'm sure it would have helped... I just don't believe, at this time, that it's the main cause of the problems. You also have to put in that well, palm did tweak the os a bit for the 700w... if that did any good or not, I dunno.
    I will gladly buy your phone that you hate so much for $250. While you may not be able to figure out how to use such a device, there are plenty of smart people out there that can, and would gladly buy you phone from me for more. So how does $250 sound???
    am i the only one that has really had no problems, maybe because i have only 2 third party app (texas holdem and pocketweather) i guess i dont push or run my treo as hard as others i jus use it mostly as a phone and jus use the calender for appt and schedule. i guess i see my treo as a phone first
    Got Treo?
    I'm evaluating a Treo 700w for my organization. Just got it yesterday. I've used IE to try and download a few files. The instructions in the booklet say to highlight the link to the URL and hold the center button down. But the "save as" dialog never comes up, and whatever is downloaded appears on the screen instead of being saved as a file. Then it locks up...and only a soft reset appears to cure the problem. (One download I am trying is the Opera browser.)

So far, I am very happy that I have a personal 650 instead. But does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get the downloads to work?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    so far as DL goes when i choose to DL somethin it downloads and you can see the bar at the top of the internet browser and as soon as its done it jus pops up ive never had any problems, one it downloads then it asks me where i want to save it
    Got Treo?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I would think he is referring to the OEM software, mainly ActiveSync and WM5. ActiveSync is particularly problematic for users not using ExchangeServer.
    yep, yep... i agree that ActiveSync can create havoc on a WM device. how could one forget about that program!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Pure and simple, I can wholeheartedly relate to this user's frustration. Let's just take a few of the issues I've had:

--Poor RAM allotment when you get the unit, less than 30Mb free??
    --$500 for a unit that doesn't even come with a case?
    --Hard resets at random intervals for no reason whatsoever
    --No persistent storage so NO data is backed up
    --What software is compatible with WM5 and the Treo 700w (bc of the screensize?) there are NO "compatible with Treo 700w" stickers on any software
    --Why would they put the reset button UNDER the cover, you have to pop the cover every time (and this is OFTEN) that you want to soft-reset it
    --Who thought up the camera configuration? You take a picture, press back and you are presented with a black screen??
    --The EVDO connection does not stay connected, the minute it's done, it disconnects and unless a program is aware that it has to dial out first using EVDO you get "no signal found" error type messages
    --Wireless Sync, this software is not only crippled (doesn't allow you the ability to save attachments, the options are there but greyed out, even VZW's tech support didn't know why), but it's useless as a software, AND it's in ROM???

The phone should NEVER have come out in this iteration. I too am on #3.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You know I keep reading the same thing over and over again. If you don't like the phone then get another phone that you do like. Otherwise wait and see what Micro$soft does with the new update that is suppose to be coming out soon.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    This was a response to the original post. This is NOT about whether or not we "like" the phone. Now, after the 15 day trial period, it is up to individual managers at VZW stores to replace phones with another model. However, the blackberry doesn't have an expansion port, which is important. So, i'm struggling along with what I have and waiting. in the mean time, we are allowed and entitled to voice our opinions on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    --$500 for a unit that doesn't even come with a case?
    --Why would they put the reset button UNDER the cover, you have to pop the cover every time (and this is OFTEN) that you want to soft-reset it
    In all fairness, these complaints apply also to the 650.

As for $500, with Amazon advertising $299 for a new customer, I would refuse to pay anything higher.
    i keep hearing how the treo 700w is the best wm device to date, if thats the case i can only imagine the complaints others have had, its like no matter what new technology comes out there will always be that percentage of people who some how think they were scammed and want some sort of hand out, you should kno when u buy any kind of smartphone there will be problems its not ur normal nokia phone i mean for all purposes its a computer on a phone, do you have problems with ur pc everyone and while, if you want a cell phone go get a cute LG vcast phone, otherwise deal with it
    Got Treo?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast