Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    Kirkeric-

That is a fair point you made- however the item should be pushed to the absolute limit before it is brought to market to see if it can handle it- this dud, can't . I dare any of you to try and accomplish business with 5000 plus minutes a month on this thing and tell me how your day goes. Many people keep saying "just bring it back and get another phone" Well which phone would you suggest? The 6700 is almost impossible to manuever with one hand so thats out cause I drive all the time. The blackberry 7130e is a bigger lemon than this thing( trust me I had one) and the samsung I730 has a zillion issues of its own. Besides that I dont want another phone. I want this one to qork the way they claimed it should.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Two thoughts come to mind:

1. Why would you "accept" a product you deem bad when you don't have to? It's your wallet, and presumedly the money in it is yours too. Verizon is nice enough to give you two weeks, no questions asked, to return the phone and walk away if you don't like it. After that 14 days, you're expected to live up to the contract you signed as an adult.

2. Which "issues" should be disclosed? All the issues listed on this board - including the ones that are unconfirmed, unrepeatable, occurring in rare instances? You need to be more specific than that before holding a company to a standard you can't define.
    About no. 1: 2 weeks isn't really enough to determine much except evaluate the basic functions the device came with. You're just getting used to the phone at that time. By the time you get around to adding software, the 2 weeks are just about up. That is, unless you have plenty of time to play around adding software. Which many people simply don't. Obviously every situation is different, but Verizon really should have 30 day return. Because when you actually start using the device heavily, that appears to be when many problems start.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Kirkeric, nevertheless, no WM device in that price range should have only 32MB RAM. 700w is the ONLY one! And the memory is what's causing some of the problems.
    I am not overclocking. I only installed a few apps, no powerusing. I installed a PIM, a streaming radio app and a sbc's pocket plus because the WM operating system sucks out of the box and provides you without options you need. Nothing major. The phone freezes for periods of time as it goes through its gyrations. Anyone who says their phone is quick and has no sluggishness is not telling you the truth. I don't believe it.

When I spoke to Palm because of the power on bug that they missed, in addition to their screwing up daylight savings time appointments which is now an issue in the past (at least for another 6 months) they told me the fix for some of these things was to keep on quitting applications. Now whose fault is that? If the damn thing had RAM in it we wouldn't be comparing it to a Palm OS Treo 650. Opening and shutting apps in Palm OS is lightning compared to Windows Mobile and it was obviously made to have 64 MB of RAM. It's a problem and all the workarounds Palm was doing to pocket the money isn't helping. I'm unfortunately stuck with this phone but can warn others to wait for the Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Lady, the lawsuit should be about Palm's attempt to hide the fact that the 700w has only 32MB of RAM. Look at the way it is advertised. It looks like 60MB free. Every other Windows phone is advertised 128/64 and xxMB free. Palm knew what it was doing and committed a fraud on the consumer.
    I agree that 32MB RAM is a joke!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm unfortunately stuck with this phone but can warn others to wait for the Q.
    I understand the Q will not have the features of the 700w because it will be using WM Smartphone. The alternative(feature-wise) to the 700w is actually the 6700.

Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    no it is not me---I swear. But atleast I'm notthe only one having issues. I think the problem is I guess I would be considered a "power user": 5000+ minutes a month. I'm not sure these devices can handle constant usage.
    Not for nothing, and just my 2 cents, but I am in sales, and I EASILY go thru 5000 minutes, not to mention the data, and I really have no problems day in and day out! I mean, this phone is my lifeline to my customers, and I have had no problems that I wouldn't get from other phones ( Missed calls due to bad reception area ). The only time I had to do soft re-sets was because I installed the Lejjo game. THAT is a buggy software... ( watch me go and jinx myself now ). Really, I manage my apps pretty well, and it doesn't interfere with my daily business at all. ( I have XPUscaler, closeall, space reclaimer, and TCPMP and card export installed). I may not be the Uber multi tasker, but I put this thing thru hell all day switching back and forth on calls, answering e-mails, and seriously, once you get used to this phone, it's really not as bad as is being claimed. If you spent the money on the phone, learn how to use it better, or get another phone. Ebay is a sure way to get your money back, and then some...
    I played with a coworkers 700w today and was not at all impressed. I set it down and remembered why I love my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I understand the Q will not have the features of the 700w because it will be using WM Smartphone. The alternative(feature-wise) to the 700w is actually the 6700.
    have you used the 6700?
    In your run down, seems you've just pointed to this phone as still the top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Good luck!
    I am not overclocking. I only installed a few apps, no powerusing. I installed a PIM, a streaming radio app and a sbc's pocket plus
    Anyone who says their phone is quick and has no sluggishness is not telling you the truth. I don't believe it.
    Keeping Spb's PocketPlus off your Treo should be your first step to speeding it up. From a resources and speed viewpoint, it's the only program out there that sucks more than the WM interface. It has pretty eye candy and some functionality, but hardly worth the performance hit you take - on any PPC device (used it and dropped it on XV6600 and i730).
    Opening and shutting apps in Palm OS is lightning compared to Windows Mobile and it was obviously made to have 64 MB of RAM.
    Agree - at the time the Treo was released (Jan) the discounted (i.e. bulk) rate for 64 mb vs 32 mb nand was $3.72. Assuming no difference in installation cost, I have to figure Palm was either trying to make an additional $3.72 per sale (out of pure greed) or they had a warehouse full of 32 mb chips left over from the Treo 650 they wanted to use first (out of pure greed). Dumb decision either way.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123