1.    #1  
    occured after i was listening to Sirius for about an hour. I was on external power and all was well till i stopped the music and noticed that my screen wasnt lighting up...it was just dim.

I hit the soft reset...and the it would light up and then dim...and got stuck on the "TREO" screen. Nothing else.

Had to hard reset it. Weird.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Next time try pulling the battery. That works for me. I commonly get stuck on the Treo screen after hitting the reset button on the back. When I pull the battery, it powers up OK.

When this happens, it is usually an indication that some portion of the hardware is not correctly reset by the pushbutton and only removing power will set it straight. Not an uncommon problem, but usually a design flaw.
  3.    #3  
    good to know...thanks! i hate doing hard resets, i dont have a lot of software loaded on here but still it's a PITA to get the settings and my corp email set back up again.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    how come you didnt' do a backup? I have had hard resets but after the first one, I restored from my executable SPB backup stored on my SD card. I do it once a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    how come you didnt' do a backup? I have had hard resets but after the first one, I restored from my executable SPB backup stored on my SD card. I do it once a day.
    Better question - why isn't there a freely available piece of software for backing up this thing? Why is it taking Palm/Verizon so long to get their promised one out? If I had it (and I'm not paying for it) I'd be backing up my phone - until then I'll live without it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    $20 bucks...hmmm
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Wait--how do you listen to Sirius on the 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by deerege
    Wait--how do you listen to Sirius on the 700?
    Nevermind--just answered my own question by reading a thread in another forum. Thanks.
    So - how DO you hard reset the 700? I can't find it in the "manual".
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Shneor, for a hard reset push the red stop button and keep holding it while you push the stylus into the reset hole next to the battery. You'll be prompted to delete everything and you commit by pressing up on the 5-way pad.
    Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by nash
    Shneor, for a hard reset push the red stop button and keep holding it while you push the stylus into the reset hole next to the battery. You'll be prompted to delete everything and you commit by pressing up on the 5-way pad.
    Thx, Nash!
    Shneor
    Your 1st hard reset! I've had so many I finally drilled a reset hole in the battery cover. -LOL
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Your 1st hard reset! I've had so many I finally drilled a reset hole in the battery cover. -LOL
    Can't drill holes - I just had it for evaluation. My personal 650 has a hole in the battery cover though, thanks to Seidio. I needed the hard reset to erase personal data after the evaluation.
    Shneor