1.    #1  
    Just as an fyi in the event that some people are having problems traveling with the phone, everytime you reset or put the phone in flight mode, the carrier defaults back to home. It won't maintain the other settings. This is really lame.
    Thanks for the insight. BTW, what are the differences between Home, Automatic A and Automatic B and what setting is recommended?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    Thanks for the insight. BTW, what are the differences between Home, Automatic A and Automatic B and what setting is recommended?
    As I understand it from Verizon tech support, the home band setting does not allow your phone to pick up cell towers once you leave the range of your "home" area network. Your provider can show you a map of the home area. For me this means that everytime I travel about 45 miles from Washington DC, I lose service if I am in "home" mode. I initially thought I had a defective antenna in my unit because my other verizon phone maintained a signal for another 20-30 miles (it's in the auto B band). CS/tech support realized that the 700 unit was in the wrong band selection mode for my area. I'd be willing to bet that many people that complained about the signal reception of the 700 are having this problem.
    Do you think that might explain why I am unable to connect to the internet from a location that isonly 1X (instead of EV)? That has been driving me slowly nuts.
    I have not left my "home" area since I bought the 700. Soooo, are you telling me that once I travel some distance from my home I must change the settings????