Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 139
  1.    #1  
    Im not sure about the rest of you, but I have had it with this piece of crap 700w. The problems this thing has are just ridiculous and it's almost as if they never tested it and figured they would fix all the problems later. I found a link on this webpage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treo and there is a class action lawsuit against the treo 600 and 650. I am thinking of approaching this lawfirm about a lawsuit against the 700w. Please write if you would support that and if enough people jump on board- ill contact them.
  2. alsdweoir's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #2  
    Class action lawsuits are such a waste. I got a 50 minute AT&T calling card for the AT&T Wireless class action suit. I'm supposed to be getting a $25 credit for my Verizon V710 class action suit (which it is 2 years later now and still hasn't been finalized yet.) I would rather see Palm take all the money that the bloodsucking lawyers would get from a suit and use it toward the research and development of the Treo 750w. Just my opinion but class action lawsuits only seem to benefit lawyers. I'm no laywer but I do watch Boston Legal on Tuesday night and I don't think you have any grounds for a suit here. Wouldn't you have to prove some kind of fraud or deceptive advertising at the very least to bring suit? In the Verizon V710 case, they sued because Verizon claimed it was a bluetooth phone but had intentionally and deceptively disabled certain features of it making it somewhat less of a product that one could expect when they say it supports bluetooth. In my AT&T wireless case, it had to do with canceling your contract during the middle of a billing cycle. They would immediately terminate your service but, they would still charge you the full amount up to the end of the cycle. So you were basically getting charged for a portion of the service after it was cancelled and could not be used. I'm sorry but I cannot support your endeavor.
  3. #3  
    If your that unhappy with the phone why dont you just get rid of it... Ive had my 700 for well over a month now and have had no problems with it at all. Seems to me that everyone that has problems with the phone are the ones that are downloading all kinds of third party apps.
    It a phone not a 512 mb PC. Just my opinion.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alsdweoir
    Class action lawsuits are such a waste.
    Not entirely true. If you are a lawyer looking for a lot of bucks, class action lawsuits are a real rainmaker. Individuals involved in the suit? Not so lucky.

    I'd like to start a class action lawsuit against people that scream "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" on internet forums everytime they fail to use their right as a consumer to vote with their wallets. Of course, if I did start one, I'd have to name myself as a defendant, so maybe I won't.
  5. #5  
    I am sick and tired of the "legal lottery" approach to life. Some people feel a lawyer is the answer to everything.

    Because you will not do the work neccessary to get a different device or a different carrier you want someone else to do it for you.

    Many of us have no trouble with the device. Just because you are unhappy with it does not mean everyone else is. Also because it has a problem or two also does not make everyone else unhappy either.

    Could the phone be better? Sure. So can many products. Hopefully a patch will be released and correct some of the issues that are frustrating people.

    If this device made everyone happy, there wouldn't be any reason for the other 25 or 30 converged devices out there now would there?
  6. #6  
    Here we go again...
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  7.    #7  
    so I guess the fact that when I get call waiting I get charged for both calls because this phone is too stupid to hang up on the first one or when I hit ignore it hangs up on both calls; is caused by a third party app? This lawsuit is not about money people- it's about standing up for your rights as a consumer when a company puts a product out to market before testing it. Caller ID has been around for quite a while- you are going to sit here and tell me we should need a patch to fix it?
  8. #8  
    LOL ... I use my Treo 700w to sync with Outlook via Bluetooth, make phone calls and check my POP email ... works fine for everything I use it for ... I won't be joining the lawsuit bandwagon and making another lawyer richer.
  9. swagner's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #9  
    There are lots of people who are very happy with their 700w. Call verizon and see if they will let you get a different phone. It is lawsuits like the one you are talking about that make introducing new products so risky for companies that many of them stop innovating. The consumer and the company both lose and the lawyers make all the money. Palm's legal bills only make our phones more expensive and discourage palm from implementing new features. You getting a discount on your next phone or a free 128mb sd card or even all of your money back will do the overall consumer no good. I say trade it in or sell it and get a different phone if you are unhappy.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    I am sick and tired of the "legal lottery" approach to life. Some people feel a lawyer is the answer to everything.

    Because you will not do the work neccessary to get a different device or a different carrier you want someone else to do it for you.

    Many of us have no trouble with the device. Just because you are unhappy with it does not mean everyone else is. Also because it has a problem or two also does not make everyone else unhappy either.

    Could the phone be better? Sure. So can many products. Hopefully a patch will be released and correct some of the issues that are frustrating people.

    If this device made everyone happy, there wouldn't be any reason for the other 25 or 30 converged devices out there now would there?

    Well said. Hopefully it will hit a nerve or brain cell with some people.

    I blame money hungry attorneys for our society's decline.
  11. #11  
    Not in love with lawyers, and as best I can tell they are the only one's who profit from class actions. I would not be a party to a lawsuit cause I feel very happy with my 700. Having been involved in technology for quite some time, I realized from the beginning there would be bugs. It's the way it is for a new device, software, etc. What did you expect from a "marriage" of Palm, Microsoft, and Verizon?

    My only real gripe is the stupidity of these people for limiting the memory. This single omission has limited this phones capability. Class action - NO. A-1 Stupid - YES.
  12. #12  
    "Nothing would be done at all, if a man waited till he could do it so well that no-one could find fault with it." not sure who I'm quoting.

    I've worked in product development for 20 years. I know full well how decisions to ship known defects get made. They don't get made by engineers. That's why you don't buy first year production of new cars.

    All that being said, none of the big 3 have admitted the known, common problems (e.g. "phone won't power on") on their websites. Not everyone reads this forum.

    So they are allowing the people purchasing this phone today to do so without disclosing known problems.

    That's not right; that's business.

    Suppose the time the phone doesn't power up is the time you need to call 911. How many lawyers will be involved then?
  13. #13  
    Even though I do experience problems that others have reported and have to occasionally do soft or hard resets to fix either memory leaks or sync problems, I would not join a law suit. Even with all the issues I still am fairly happy with the unit. When I purchased it I knew there would be problems since it is the first palm treo running a new version of windows mobile os. I accepted that. I am willing to wait for the WM5 update to hopefully fix many of these issues.

    The only thing that really worries me is the poor design decision of not having enough ram and the lack of any way to upgrade that.
  14. HalM's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    ...it's about standing up for your rights as a consumer when a company puts a product out to market before testing it. Caller ID has been around for quite a while- you are going to sit here and tell me we should need a patch to fix it?
    Good grief.

    There is also something call PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. This phone has been the target of major gripes since the day it was released. If you ran out and bought it with no reseach, then tango sierra. If you did do reseach then you knew what you were getting. Find another way to resolve your issues.
  15. 2_hotty's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    so I guess the fact that when I get call waiting I get charged for both calls because this phone is too stupid to hang up on the first one or when I hit ignore it hangs up on both calls; is caused by a third party app? This lawsuit is not about money people- it's about standing up for your rights as a consumer when a company puts a product out to market before testing it. Caller ID has been around for quite a while- you are going to sit here and tell me we should need a patch to fix it?

    Maybe it's not the phone that's too stupid. Maybe you are too stupid to hit flash, instead of swap when answering call waiting.

    Swap will leave both calls open, hit the green button on your phone when you get another call coming in, and a little menu will pop up. Hot the green button again, and POOF you magically answer the incoming call, and hang up on your other call.

    Maybe you should learn to use your phone before spouting off about faulty equipment, or trying to start a law suit for nothing.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by alsdweoir
    Class action lawsuits are such a waste... I'm no laywer but I do watch Boston Legal on Tuesday night.
    forgive me but buwhahaaha ...sure, a fictional tv equates to law school. Boston Legal has about as much in common with real law as ER does with a real hospital. There is a lot of cause for action against verizon for this product, and people who bought this phone have standing; doing one's homework and knowing a product has faults isn't required. While I love the 700, it has a lot of flaws and verizon has not delivered the product that users paid for. Verizon is not living up to their end of the contract. Plain and simple.
    You think class actions are a waste? See if you have the same attitude if a pharma product kills your loved one, or if a company that you could personally never afford to sue harms you financially.
  17. #17  
    Come on now!!!!!!!!!! Its a phone, not a human life.
    Two very big differances.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Budman45
    Come on now!!!!!!!!!! Its a phone, not a human life.
    Two very big differances.
    The principle is the same. Allowing a company to "rip" some people off isn't acceptable. If you haven't been harmed and don't have standing you don't have to become part of the class. You also don't need to take issue with those that do. If you spent $400 for a phone that barely worked or wouldn't work as contractually promissed, and the phone company isn't willing to do anything, then you'd be willing to keep a $400 paperweight?

    I've been a part of a few class actions and I am glad that I was...a defective $900 washing machine, credit card company that made a "mistake" with exchange rates. Just because I wasn't physically harmed doesn't mean I shouldn't be compensated. We aren't talking about entitlements or hitting the lottery. We are talking about being compensated for financial loss. No one is trying to get rich in these types of lawsuits. ...and the firms have every right to take a large percentage. They take all the risk and spend all their own money up front because I can't afford to sue a fortune 500 company on my own. The class actually saves everyone money and the court time because it consolidates effort and resources.
  19. #19  
    Lots of things made and sold are crap, all those "made for TV" products. I don't care to sue any of them, why? because if you do your research before buying the product you'll know if it works well or not. If you still deside to buy the product, then it's your own problem. Just going by the commercial would be dumb; obviously they will show it working at its best.

    Also, as for why you'd be going after Palm... I dunno. Palm made the hardware, Verizon runs the network, and Microsoft made the software. Last time I checked, the call waiting stuff is probably a software issue.

    You say that patches shouldn't be needed. Welcome to the world of computers, where WM5 is far more code than Caller ID. You should know by now that MSFT patches pretty much everything they release, most software company's do... If they wan't to stay in business that is; because almost no one makes a perfect product.

    I'd much rather have a company spend their time innovating, rather than having to deal with lawsuits. They know the problem exists, they will be trying to fix it. If they aren't; then they will most certainly not exist as a company in the future because someone else will make something better.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    Lots of things made and sold are crap, all those "made for TV" products. I don't care to sue any of them, why? because if you do your research before buying the product you'll know if it works well or not. If you still deside to buy the product, then it's your own problem. Just going by the commercial would be dumb; obviously they will show it working at its best.

    Also, as for why you'd be going after Palm... I dunno. Palm made the hardware, Verizon runs the network, and Microsoft made the software. Last time I checked, the call waiting stuff is probably a software issue.

    You say that patches shouldn't be needed. Welcome to the world of computers, where WM5 is far more code than Caller ID. You should know by now that MSFT patches pretty much everything they release, most software company's do... If they wan't to stay in business that is; because almost no one makes a perfect product.

    I'd much rather have a company spend their time innovating, rather than having to deal with lawsuits. They know the problem exists, they will be trying to fix it. If they aren't; then they will most certainly not exist as a company in the future because someone else will make something better.
    I don't buy junk. If I am buying a premium product and paying a premium price I expect it to work.

    My life is too busy to background everything. Something as simple as a phone with pda functionality should work. I expect some glitches as an early adopter, but I don't expect to spend 15 hours (inc hold time) with cs from two different companies for a single product that I've only owned for two months. While there are some things that are expected patch issues, a patch shouldn't be needed to keep a phone in the same system (auto a/auto b) everytime the phone is turned off; that's just beyond basic functionality. There are several examples like that on this board.

    The fact that a company has to deal with lawsuits doesn't have anything to do with time resource allocation. You think the programmers are dealing with causal relationships and the attys are dealing with bug fixes? Come on.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions