Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Do you buy the first year that a new model car comes out and expect it to be perfect? They rarely are, no matter who the manufacturer is. There will always be problems, and despite what you think, the 700W is a rev1, not a rev2 or 3.

And if you're going to point fingers, at least point them in the right direction. The 600 was Handspring's problem, not Palm's.

It's threads like these that will cause me to take another 2 week vacation from this site. It's just the same old crap over and over and over again. New phone, same discussions......
    Well when I purchased my 600, it had Palm plastered on it along with Verizon. So I don't care who's ******* child it was it had issues. And No you can't compare this to a car. Ok wait a minute lets compare it to a car and I don't care if it's a 1st year car or not. If you buy a car and you drive down the street and it dies out on you because the engine was a bad design and it cause problems over and over and over, do you think that the auto maker should do something about that, or should you just live with it because it's a first year car and you didn't do enough research? Especially if you pay $50,000?

So I guess what you are saying is that nobody should have bought the 700w because it's a rev 1 model?

What a load.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budman45
    Seems to me that everyone that has problems with the phone are the ones that are downloading all kinds of third party apps.
    Oh, that's rich. So, don't download third-party apps? This is your monolithic, craptacular 700w. Don't download and install any of the thousands of available applications out there, though! Even if they excel next to the garbage you got out-of-box.

I know it's not a laptop replacement. I get it. But what the ?!? You should be able to install apps without it going south on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    I don't buy junk. If I am buying a premium product and paying a premium price I expect it to work.
    Amen to that.

I think that the hassles with the 700w are cumulative. Every single person on this board looks at their 700w and thinks there is something wrong with it.

Some, like me, have simply had enough. Straw. Camel. Back. For me that straw is ActiveSync. Garbage. Inexcusably unreliable garbage. USB, IR, Bluetooth. Nothing works. Hard reset. Reinstall. Reconfigure. Re-copy data.

Right now, as I type this. I can't get ActiveSync to recognize my 700w attached via USB. AGAIN. I kid you not.

These devices are expensive and someone is making a whole bunch of money rushing crap to market. The consumers are the victims and feel that the only way to get restitution is via lawyers. I am not among them. I just will never buy a Windows Mobile device again.

Vote with your wallet.
    if it is as bad as everyone says it is, then why didnt you just return it within 14 days. i bet if every 700w was returned initially, it would be fixed by now...

if you dont like, then dont keep buying the new version everytime it comes out! i waited on the 650 until they had the kinks worked out. i love it...sure it has issues and things i would like to change, but i kept it and i have to deal with the problems.

and how is it palm or microsofts problem if the 3rd party app is not properly written and does not work on the new hardware? if you dont like it then write these apps yourself and provide them to the lions den this has become.

sure, the product is rushed, but if you bought it and did not exercise your right to return it, then you are half at fault.
    That's why I prefer Cingular's 30 day return period. 2 weeks is really NOT enough time! 2 weeks is about right when you start getting used to the device and want to do more with it. Then you find out the problems when you try to expand usability!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    if it is as bad as everyone says it is, then why didnt you just return it within 14 days. i bet if every 700w was returned initially, it would be fixed by now...

if you dont like, then dont keep buying the new version everytime it comes out! i waited on the 650 until they had the kinks worked out. i love it...sure it has issues and things i would like to change, but i kept it and i have to deal with the problems.

and how is it palm or microsofts problem if the 3rd party app is not properly written and does not work on the new hardware? if you dont like it then write these apps yourself and provide them to the lions den this has become.

sure, the product is rushed, but if you bought it and did not exercise your right to return it, then you are half at fault.

There are some people that don't have 24/7 to sit and play with a device to run across all it's issues within 15 days. I didn't run into my bluetooth issue until I had purchased a $150.00 handsfree kit which according to a chart on Verizon's website was compatible. When it came down to the nut cutting, the maker of the handsfree kit (Parrot) said it wasn't fully compatible and had issues. If they are going to say it works at least make it work.

What kinks did they work out in the 650? As far as I know, most of them are still there.
    is the issue with the parrot or the 700?

i understand you cannot play with the device all day for 2 weeks straight, but that should be a reasonable time to get thought core functions of the phone. if this really has that many fundamental issues, i would think you would find them right away.

what really boggles my mind is simply how can there be people in this thread claim this device is absolutley horrible and people in this thread that say this device is awesome??? very confusing to a person that is thinking of buying this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcap
    Sue the b*st*rds!

You're wrong, the negligence is yours for failing to properly test the device and the service during the 15 day trial period, but what does that matter? Sue the b*st*rds!

Time was when early adopters of leading-edge technologies considered themselves pioneers. Their tests, trials, and tribulations tamed the howling wilderness. Then they'd stop off at a place like this, crack open a bottle of Moxie, and tell us all about the pitfalls and pratfalls, how to avoid them, how to exploit them, and where the Easter eggs are hidden. But you expect the latest and most envelope-pushing technology to be powerful, flexible, simple, and bug-free. Sue the b*st*rds!

And while we're at it, what kind of slipshod and thoughtless designer programmed this life? There's no Undo, there's no Restore from Backup, some of the graphics and sound effects are awful, and when your character dies, you're out of the game and lose all of your treasure and weapons. You know what I think we should do?

Sue the b*st*rds!!!
    Man it can be a rap song....
    "blah blah blah blah....Sue the b*st*rds"
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Big Kenny, the ones who say it's awesome were simply looking for WM5 and EVDO in the Treo form factor. That's the only real reason this device is "awesome". The 6700 has exactly the same features with more memory, but not the convenient form factor.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Slightly off topic, but I hear iPod will now have volume control. Did it really take a lawsuit for them to realize volume control might be needed?
    Honestly I still dont think its needed. I mean if someone really dont want to hear music loud he will turn it down. Duh!!!!
    Its is just mind of some that want children to be safe all the time. Do you really think having volume control will solve the problem that people like to listen music loud. Hey there was volume knob all the time. Giving volume control will give option to enable and secure that function with password. But I know that their will be ways children will hack it.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I don't have an iPod. It does have normal volume control?
    ohhh so u thought ipod comes with no volume control at all :-O. Wowwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    ohhh so u thought ipod comes with no volume control at all :-O. Wowwww.
    Not exactly. I thought the lawsuit was because the volume was too loud by default. I was asking if you could just turn the volume down to normal levels, what was the need for the lawsuit?

People,

It is understood that this is rev1 of this phone, but why does that matter. Why should we the consumer have to pay the price for wanting to have new technology. That thought process is not right. We are in the age of gadgetry and we pay for it. I paid $400.00 for this phone.....that is a lot of money. The basic features of this unit should work perfectly rev0, 1, 2 or 3.

The 15 day test period for this phone is garbage. Since some of you say that this is the beta version (rev1) then why except only 15 days to test. Everyday I come to this sight there is a new problem posted...another mystery that suddenly happened. So those of you saying that the unit should have returned within 15 days.....come on. Alot of issues on this phone have just poped up as folks have started using its massive functionality. Another issue with the 15 days....when we bought the unit we expected it to work as advertised. We wouldn't have bought the unit if we did not want it to work. After 15 days time you are thinking to yourself, I really want to like this phone....I am sure that all of the issues that have been discovered will be correct with some type of update from palm. Nothing from palm after 4 months....no update..no communication......and BTW no free back-up software as promised..

I really like this phone and the promise that it has. But its functionality currently can be very frustrating. This is a top of the line unit.....you go to verizon's website and you will find that this is one of the most expensive phones they offer. Which leads me to believe it should work much better as a phone then the free phones that they offer....the PDA functionality should work pretty damn good as well. I don't know about a lawsuite....but somehow someone needs to be held accountable. The fact that this phone has issues is not anyones fault here. No one should be crusified for keeping this phone beyond the 15 day period......the phone was purchased because it was advertised as a product that will work. Why shouldn't we have believed them.

I am an avid golfer and no matter what I support the Titliest Brand. There are some folks here that no matter what will support the Treo brand and there is nothing wrong with that. But my advise to those Treo supporters is to don't put up with the BS and be accepting to the obvious problems that this phone has....acknowledge that there is a problem and recognize that everyone my not be a Treo fanatic like you. All we won't is what we paid for.
    Now i know why I am waiting for Palm version of Treo700

Not exactly. I thought the lawsuit was because the volume was too loud by default. I was asking if you could just turn the volume down to normal levels, what was the need for the lawsuit?
    I think few concerned parents want to decide what volume level is suitable for their children so they sue Apple for not giving them option to keep their children under control.Apple now released update that will give an option to Ipod owners to lock settings for volume control and only they can change it. So in summary children will be unable to listen to ipod at higher volume unless they have password.

Oh yeah, sue Apple because you can't tell your kids to USE THE VOLUME CONTROL AND KEEP IT DOWN.

That's why I got a bit confused. I thought it must have had high volume even if you turn it down, and/or the volume control was defective on many models. Not being able to use the volume control for yourself does NOT warrant a lawsuit. Just like you said!

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Now i know why I am waiting for Palm version of Treo700
    It will never happen. At least with the Palm OS on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    It will never happen. At least with the Palm OS on it.
    Oh it will happen. You wait. Sprint will release Treo700P with Palm Garnet on it. I hope Verizon customer will shout and cry for not wait and get sprint instead

Oh yeah, sue Apple because you can't tell your kids to USE THE VOLUME CONTROL AND KEEP IT DOWN.

That's why I got a bit confused. I thought it must have had high volume even if you turn it down, and/or the volume control was defective on many models. Not being able to use the volume control for yourself does NOT warrant a lawsuit. Just like you said!
    Stupid lawsuits for stupid people...whats even more stupid, is with the stock iPod ear buds, it's not that loud to begin with.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567