Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    It doesn't matter, this phone could have passed out free blowjobs and the response would have been the same. It seems there’s almost a religious communal emotional attatchment to this phone, and putting windows on it was sacrilege.
    What does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by reverged
    What does this mean?
    It means the palm fanboys are acting like Gates ruined their precious icon of technology. How dare Redmond even think about a palm hardware device.
    It WAS sacrilege to put WM on a PALM!!

But if they're going to do it, at least learn from the 650 mistakes, not to release something with so many units having bugs that the buyers become the beta testers!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    oh come on all you palm fans. just welcome your new wm5 family and accept us.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    It means the palm fanboys are acting like Gates ruined their precious icon of technology. How dare Redmond even think about a palm hardware device.
    Works both ways. Windows fan boys are just as bad as Palmheads.

People get way too emotionally involved with their devices.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    yeah ive noticed most palm users arnt huge fans of WM and let you kno it
    Got Treo?
    Now with this DST screw up, I'd have to say that I would support a class action law suit. Palm is suggesting that we never again create a calendar appointment on the 700w because of this bug. Being able to create appointments on my PDA is a basic necessity, and I surely thought that I would be able to do this on the 700w. So, I can now agree that the device does not do what it is advertised to do. Not being able to create appointments or have a functioning calendar - what about all of that mobile office crap they preach? Perhaps the good thing that might come of this is that they will have to accelerate a service pack or firmware release, and maybe that will fix some of the other problems with this thing. If a law suit is filed, I hope it names all three idiots (Palm, MS, Verizon), because I think each shares the blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom.gos
    Now with this DST screw up, I'd have to say that I would support a class action law suit. Palm is suggesting that we never again create a calendar appointment on the 700w because of this bug.
    Turn off the "Enable local network time" feature in the clock and alarms settings and you'll have no troubles. My phone reset it's time last night (it sprung forward) and all appointments kept their original time. This is how other PPCs work too - at least on Verizon's network.

Or you could do the Jack Black, "School of Rock" solution and stick-it-to-the-man!
    Quote Originally Posted by tom.gos
    Now with this DST screw up, I'd have to say that I would support a class action law suit. Palm is suggesting that we never again create a calendar appointment on the 700w because of this bug. Being able to create appointments on my PDA is a basic necessity, and I surely thought that I would be able to do this on the 700w. So, I can now agree that the device does not do what it is advertised to do. Not being able to create appointments or have a functioning calendar - what about all of that mobile office crap they preach? Perhaps the good thing that might come of this is that they will have to accelerate a service pack or firmware release, and maybe that will fix some of the other problems with this thing. If a law suit is filed, I hope it names all three idiots (Palm, MS, Verizon), because I think each shares the blame.

First of all, what does DST have to do with calendar appointments? If you made an appointment last Friday for 8 am on 4/4, it would still be at 8 am. I jsut checked my calendar and everything is the way it was last Friday. Where I ran into a problem was my phone defaults to Indiana time when I have to soft reset and I live in EST. Now, Indiana in on EST as of this year. The only place I could see a problem is with time zones and travel.

Maybe people should take the time to learn how to use their device before blaming someone other than themselves.
    this thread is funny...

the best part is the range of emotions from this is the best to this is the worst...

why would you ever buy rev 1 of anything and think it would be even close to perfect?

then you have the classic "i am gonna sue" people, give me a break. if you get that bent out of shape over a phone, i would hate to see how you deal with real problems...
    Maybe because people expect a $500 phone to do what they expected it to do? If they get unreasonable, that's another story, but if they expect a phone and PDA combo and it doesn't work that way....
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i expect a $50,000 BMW to be perfect, but...

i understand being frustrated, but i hate how quickly people always want to get lawyers involved.

just becuase i expect something, doesnt mean it will happen.

i expect my treo to make french fries, it doesnt...i am gonna sue. oh, my treo can now make french fries, i am getting fat, i am gonna sue...
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    this thread is funny...

the best part is the range of emotions from this is the best to this is the worst...

why would you ever buy rev 1 of anything and think it would be even close to perfect?

then you have the classic "i am gonna sue" people, give me a break. if you get that bent out of shape over a phone, i would hate to see how you deal with real problems...
    Because these days, the manufacturers feel they can release a product that is so so and have an acceptable margin of loss while we beta test the product. Technically this isn't rev 1 of this phone. Yes it has a new OS but they (Palm) have had 2 other times (600 and 650) to try and get things right. What revision do we have to wait on before they fix the major issues?

Oh wait, that's right, it will never be fixed and someone will always have something to gripe about. Never Mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Because these days, the manufacturers feel they can release a product that is so so and have an acceptable margin of loss while we beta test the product. Technically this isn't rev 1 of this phone. Yes it has a new OS but they (Palm) have had 2 other times (600 and 650) to try and get things right. What revision do we have to wait on before they fix the major issues?

Oh wait, that's right, it will never be fixed and someone will always have something to gripe about. Never Mind.
    Do you buy the first year that a new model car comes out and expect it to be perfect? They rarely are, no matter who the manufacturer is. There will always be problems, and despite what you think, the 700W is a rev1, not a rev2 or 3.

And if you're going to point fingers, at least point them in the right direction. The 600 was Handspring's problem, not Palm's.

It's threads like these that will cause me to take another 2 week vacation from this site. It's just the same old crap over and over and over again. New phone, same discussions......
    I'm back!
    can you feel the love? cause i sure can!
    Got Treo?
    Some of the problems on the 700w are similar to the 650. Don't you think they should have learned from all the returns and tech support issues of the 650? AS is a MSFT problem, but low memory and now another headset jack problem are hardware. I wouldn't say sue, but don't keep giving Palm $500 every time a new phone comes out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Some of the problems on the 700w are similar to the 650. Don't you think they should have learned from all the returns and tech support issues of the 650? AS is a MSFT problem, but low memory and now another headset jack problem are hardware. I wouldn't say sue, but don't keep giving Palm $500 every time a new phone comes out!!
    Maybe it's not Palm that needs to learn the lesson, maybe it's the consumer. Why continue giving Palm your money when they're quickly establishing a track record of turning out mediocre, underwhelming devices?

Will everyone quit when Palm churns out an 800L with 32MB of onboard memory?

Probably not, these boards will still be chock full of "My 800L sucks, let's sue, who's with me???" threads.
    I'm back!
    I won't be buying any WM device with only 32MB RAM for $500, that's for sure! Last chance to do something almost right(I know they're going to miss something!) with the 700p. If it doesn't have more memory and high speed, I'm done!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I won't be buying any WM device with only 32MB RAM for $500, that's for sure! Last chance to do something almost right(I know they're going to miss something!) with the 700p. If it doesn't have more memory and high speed, I'm done!
    I'd say your odds are no better than 50/50. Palm hamstrung the 700W by only putting 32MB in it, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the 700P or I or whatever with the same specs.

Remember, PalmOS "needs" less memory.

I'm back!
    We didn't even get 32 accessible with the 650!! That'd be an improvement!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast