Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I cannot hold my breath anymore on this thread.

It is simple. I love the Treo 700w I saw in the store window. I'm pi**ed at the one in my hand.

I would not complain if it locked up now and then. Daily is not acceptable.

I wouldn't care if the EV-DO didn't connect when I needed it most. But it never connects the first time.

It's not a problem that I can't talk into my bluetooth headset to make calls while I'm driving and therefore take the risk on my own to look at the phone whilst driving. This is on me. I'll use a wired headset.

I'm OK with all the fiddling with Active Sync and performing a soft reset "once a week" as VZ has advised me in a follow up email. I've actually got AS syncing everything I want. Calendar and Contacts only.

I'm OK with the call on hold hanging up and still getting charged for it. CDMA issue or not. I have the minutes to burn.

What can't I have? I can't have a phone that does not allow me to answer calls when it rings. No matter what button I press. A lot of fun when customers call. Convenient, guys, when girlfriends call.

I can't have a phone that informs me the number I dialed is invalid, despite the fact it came from my address book and I've dialed it before......4 times in a row. Then, for each time I dialed that number, give me an endless voicemail with the VZ "on hold" music. A new problem yesterday. Wonder how many minutes that used?

I can't understand shipping this phone with an out-of-the-box problem with AS, that requires adding a fake server, setting the sync to manual and then deleting the fake server to fix it not waking up. I applaud whoever found that fix.

If 3rd party software is to blame, don't sell an SDK. Don't allow installs of foreign code. Take the option out of AS.

I reset - by pulling the battery - every day. Soft resets usually leave me at the "Treo" screen.

I can't have a set of suppliers that do not post a shred of information about any of the problems that users are having on their respective websites. Nothing.

Lawsuit? I won't waste my time. Someone put it best above, "just throw it out."

Sell this phone on eBay? No way, I want a refund. VZ sold it as advertised, they need to make it work as advertised or give me my money back. And to those of you who feel I should have tested every combination and permutation of options in the 15 days, I have one question: Why didn't Palm/VZ/M$ do that?

To those of you that are happy to live with the issues and consider yourselves "early adopters"? Great, you are pioneers. Lots of luck. Sincerely.

For those of us that love this phone the way it was advertised in the store window (myself included) only to find it does not fulfill that advertisement reliably? We want it fixed!

I'm still here to help, I want this to work, but I'm tired of being the beta test. I give up if a new OS/ROM is not released by the end of April. Since VZ "never stops working" for me, it should be coming out any day.....
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    Im not sure about the rest of you, but I have had it with this piece of crap 700w. The problems this thing has are just ridiculous and it's almost as if they never tested it and figured they would fix all the problems later. I found a link on this webpage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treo and there is a class action lawsuit against the treo 600 and 650. I am thinking of approaching this lawfirm about a lawsuit against the 700w. Please write if you would support that and if enough people jump on board- ill contact them.
    Based on the link you provided, I couldn't find the lawsuit against the Treo 600/650's. Please provide a link that takes you directly to the lawsuit page.

Thanks.
    Has anyone here forgetten that this is a treo after all. Resets are a feature .
    no. i would not support a class action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Well I was wondering because I don't see a reason for a lawsuit either if the device already has manual volume control!
    well they said the problem was because the click wheel is very sensitive that it could be in ur pocket then you could rub against somethin and the volume would all of a sudden turn all the way up which in turned had millions of kids crying....not! jus another parent tryin to get rich and pay for the 300 dollar ipod that they bounced a check on for there spoiled kid..now there PO cause they have a NSF fees from there bank out that *** and its all the ipods fault
    Got Treo?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverged
    I cannot hold my breath anymore on this thread.

It is simple. I love the Treo 700w I saw in the store window. I'm pi**ed at the one in my hand.

I would not complain if it locked up now and then. Daily is not acceptable.

I wouldn't care if the EV-DO didn't connect when I needed it most. But it never connects the first time.

It's not a problem that I can't talk into my bluetooth headset to make calls while I'm driving and therefore take the risk on my own to look at the phone whilst driving. This is on me. I'll use a wired headset.

I'm OK with all the fiddling with Active Sync and performing a soft reset "once a week" as VZ has advised me in a follow up email. I've actually got AS syncing everything I want. Calendar and Contacts only.

I'm OK with the call on hold hanging up and still getting charged for it. CDMA issue or not. I have the minutes to burn.

What can't I have? I can't have a phone that does not allow me to answer calls when it rings. No matter what button I press. A lot of fun when customers call. Convenient, guys, when girlfriends call.

I can't have a phone that informs me the number I dialed is invalid, despite the fact it came from my address book and I've dialed it before......4 times in a row. Then, for each time I dialed that number, give me an endless voicemail with the VZ "on hold" music. A new problem yesterday. Wonder how many minutes that used?

I can't understand shipping this phone with an out-of-the-box problem with AS, that requires adding a fake server, setting the sync to manual and then deleting the fake server to fix it not waking up. I applaud whoever found that fix.

If 3rd party software is to blame, don't sell an SDK. Don't allow installs of foreign code. Take the option out of AS.

I reset - by pulling the battery - every day. Soft resets usually leave me at the "Treo" screen.

I can't have a set of suppliers that do not post a shred of information about any of the problems that users are having on their respective websites. Nothing.

Lawsuit? I won't waste my time. Someone put it best above, "just throw it out."

Sell this phone on eBay? No way, I want a refund. VZ sold it as advertised, they need to make it work as advertised or give me my money back. And to those of you who feel I should have tested every combination and permutation of options in the 15 days, I have one question: Why didn't Palm/VZ/M$ do that?

To those of you that are happy to live with the issues and consider yourselves "early adopters"? Great, you are pioneers. Lots of luck. Sincerely.

For those of us that love this phone the way it was advertised in the store window (myself included) only to find it does not fulfill that advertisement reliably? We want it fixed!

I'm still here to help, I want this to work, but I'm tired of being the beta test. I give up if a new OS/ROM is not released by the end of April. Since VZ "never stops working" for me, it should be coming out any day.....
    Do all 700W have these issues, if so, I am really glad I stayed with the 650. Have you tried to exchange the phone at the store you purchased?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Do all 700W have these issues, if so, I am really glad I stayed with the 650. Have you tried to exchange the phone at the store you purchased?
    It doesn't matter, this phone could have passed out free blowjobs and the response would have been the same. It seems there’s almost a religious communal emotional attatchment to this phone, and putting windows on it was sacrilege.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    How many people after using the device for the past 3 months, would actually recommend this phone to someone who was looking for a converged device? Truthfully, how many would? Just because you have the time to jack with all the quirks of the phone and realize that you don't like the alternatives and just choose to live with what you have doesn't mean that it's a good device.

Would you recommend it to say the president of a multi-million dollar company who wants a converged device, knows Windows OS so can function with WM5, and knows how to use a cell phone? How many resets do you think it would take for him to say screw this give me something else.

Granted this phone is not for everyone, but how can you explain things like Motorola putting out cellular devices without the issues? Granted the Q hasn't been released yet and it's nothing more than a Razr on steroids. But do you think they are going to have all the backlash of issues that this phone has?

What about the XV6700? Does it have as many issues as the 700? I don't know, I'm just asking.

I guess my real question would be. If Palm didn't release the 700, what do you think most people would be using right now?

This is just really frustrating. I'm always hoping to see something on Palm's website as far as we know there are issues and we are working on them. Or do they feel everything is working great except for a few of these phones and they just toss those up to casualties of war?
    I would recommened it.

Email

Phone

Video Streaming to my cable box

Audio streaming to Sirius Sat Radio.

Web Browsing

...and thats just a few thing...

Oh wait...do I have to reset it? Sure? Do my calls drop...ok! Do I reboot my PC? Does the internet at home flake out?

"Granted this phone is not for everyone, but how can you explain things like Motorola putting out cellular devices without the issues? Granted the Q hasn't been released yet and it's nothing more than a Razr on steroids. But do you think they are going to have all the backlash of issues that this phone has?"

I doubt it, and it sure won't do half the things the Treo can do!

Did anyone buying this phone think that it was going to be perfect with no problems what-so-ever? Anyone?

I paid full price for my phone...520.00 plus another 100+ in accessories, I got my monies worth the first month I had it.
    you have no idea how many of my friends have fallen in love with my phone compared to all other phones mine is the one everyone wants. and i love jus showing off all the things my treo 700 can do and there lg this or motorola or nokia cant, can you make ur own ringtones or do they have to use vcast or DL thru someother place so i save money on that, can you read ur hotmail email or ur work email, can you browse the web and not jus certain websites but actually browse the web, can u set ur schedule for the next year if you wanted to, if u get anew phone you i dont have to pay 10 bucks jus to get my contacts off my old phone i can jus sync my contacts i mean the possibilities are endless
    Got Treo?
    I'd recommend this phone in a heartbeat after I ask a few question to understand what the person needs. This phone is NOT for someone who wants a PDA more than a communicator.

All of these gadgets have "issues" so it depends on what issue you can bear. I know that the memory leaks are real (especially if you are doing push mail). Also, USB AS can stop and require you to do a hard reset to get it working. These trade-offs I've decided to make -- for now.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyonegh
    I would recommened it.

Email

Phone

Video Streaming to my cable box

Audio streaming to Sirius Sat Radio.

Web Browsing

...and thats just a few thing...

But wait, who cares if you can stream sat. radio. Yes It's great, I can do it too, but I have it my car and anywhere I have internet access when else would I listen to it? Maybe while jogging, nope, got the Ipod for that.

I think most people want the damn phone to work likes it's supposed to work. All the other stuff like streaming video to cable box or sling box or whatver, and audio streaming is just fluff. But how far does that get you when you are trying to receive a call and the phone runs out of memory and won't answer or locks up, or whatever else other people have posted.

Don't ge me wrong, I like the phone, but:

1. It's needs to be able to receive and make calls 90-100% of the time. That's just a given, because it's a cell phone. If it can't do that right, it has serious issues.
    2. It needs to be able to function reasonably well as a PDA which it can't because of memory issues and whatelse.
    3. I know bluetooth is relatively new (last 4 years) technology, but damn if you can use it with a headset or handsfree kit with a cheap LG, Nokia, etc, then you should be able to do great things with it on a $400 phone. Palm screwed that up with the 650 and they had the chance to redeem themselves with this phone but they didn't.

You might say well then don't use bluetooth use a wired earpiece or get a different phone etc. That's a load of bull, they need to make it work.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    I'd recommend this phone in a heartbeat after I ask a few question to understand what the person needs. This phone is NOT for someone who wants a PDA more than a communicator.

All of these gadgets have "issues" so it depends on what issue you can bear. I know that the memory leaks are real (especially if you are doing push mail). Also, USB AS can stop and require you to do a hard reset to get it working. These trade-offs I've decided to make -- for now.
    It kind of reminds me of an episode of Boston Legal where one of the Lawyers had a secretary who was arrested for not paying her taxes and putting a post it note on the return saying stick it.

The lawyer in his remarks to the jury was saying that the girl didn't want to pay her taxes because she felt that we weren't doing the right thing in Iraq and the tax money was funding that.

Anyway the lawyer,(James Spader) started talking to the jury about the war and taxes and weapons of mass destruction and wiretapping and the point he was making was, we as americans, are just taking everything living with it, and not doing anything about it. We get mad as a society because we are overtaxed, but we deal with it. We go to war because they said there are wmd's in Iraq which they didn't find, we say ok no big deal some people get mad and move on. Then we find out that our privacy could be invaded because of wiretapping, but here again, we just accept it and move on. I know this a really deeper situation than a damn cell phone, but when do you stop accepting the faults of the device and actually do something about it?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    you have no idea how many of my friends have fallen in love with my phone compared to all other phones mine is the one everyone wants. and i love jus showing off all the things my treo 700 can do and there lg this or motorola or nokia cant, can you make ur own ringtones or do they have to use vcast or DL thru someother place so i save money on that, can you read ur hotmail email or ur work email, can you browse the web and not jus certain websites but actually browse the web, can u set ur schedule for the next year if you wanted to, if u get anew phone you i dont have to pay 10 bucks jus to get my contacts off my old phone i can jus sync my contacts i mean the possibilities are endless
    That's great that everyone loves your phone, it looks pretty, etc. But if the damn thing doesn't work right, who cares what it looks like. Sure it can do more than the average cell phone, hell it's supposed to. I wouldn't expect and less. I guess if you are buying it as a toy vs. a working tool then it's a really "cool" phone. If you depend on it like some people depend on their blackberry's and it lets you down what is an acceptable percentage of failure you are willing to deal with until you get fed up?

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. I know the phone's not perfect, but like I stated before, I guess as a society we come to expect mediocre and that it's OK to have a mediocre device and not a great device.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    It kind of reminds me of an episode of Boston Legal where one of the Lawyers had a secretary who was arrested for not paying her taxes and putting a post it note on the return saying stick it.

The lawyer in his remarks to the jury was saying that the girl didn't want to pay her taxes because she felt that we weren't doing the right thing in Iraq and the tax money was funding that.

Anyway the lawyer,(James Spader) started talking to the jury about the war and taxes and weapons of mass destruction and wiretapping and the point he was making was, we as americans, are just taking everything living with it, and not doing anything about it. We get mad as a society because we are overtaxed, but we deal with it. We go to war because they said there are wmd's in Iraq which they didn't find, we say ok no big deal some people get mad and move on. Then we find out that our privacy could be invaded because of wiretapping, but here again, we just accept it and move on. I know this a really deeper situation than a damn cell phone, but when do you stop accepting the faults of the device and actually do something about it?
    WOW u jus opened a really big can of beans to even compare a cell phone problem to a war isnt even fair and really distastefull im really not going to go in to this subject but all im going to say is im a strong believe in what we are doing over there and fully and 100% back our efforts but to compare that to a cell phone is jus crazy
    Got Treo?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    WOW u jus opened a really big can of beans to even compare a cell phone problem to a war isnt even fair and really distastefull im really not going to go in to this subject but all im going to say is im a strong believe in what we are doing over there and fully and 100% back our efforts but to compare that to a cell phone is jus crazy
    That's why I said that it's a deeper situation to use the war comparison and I was just stating something from a TV yes TV show. Helps if you read a little bit instead of trying to get the Readers Digest version.

Besides, what are you gonna do? Sue me?
    well if you urself said its deeper situatuions to use a war comparison then why did you so yes i might be forced to sue because i believe its the only option i have to make me happy!
    Got Treo?
    did i say somethin wrong?
    Got Treo?
    I wasted enough time just reading this dribble. What's a few minutes to reply:

1. This device (not a just a phone) is awesome...a few little bugs mostly from 3rd party software.
    2. It's replaced my land phone, laptop, gps, and mp3 player, address and apptmt book.
    3. Highly recommend the phone to many who want this capability and have the capacity to use it. My Treo shows off and performs well.
    4. If they need it, I'd be glad to testify.....on behalf of Palm.

While on the class action lawsuit bandwagon....join the recent sunblock suit and maybe get enough pesos to pay for the activation fee on a new Fisher-Price Babies First Cell Phone because some don't use sunblock as directed.

I don't remember who on this thread said it- but yes! This "let's sue" attitude by the "victims" who started this thread will be the down fall of our society. So take some action and start your suit while the Treo 700w becomes the standard by which all other mobile devices will be measured.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Like i have said before...the Treo 700w works better as a phone device than any other Windows Mobile PocketPC Phone Edition available... really no comparison.

..other WM PocketPC devices have stronger PDA functionality...but you can tell that Palm really worked on making the phone part of the 700w work much better than the normal Windows Mobile PocketPC Phone Edition devices..
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast