Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 139
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by idahogeek
    I paid $500 for a phone without problems..
    The geek is not getting enough attention in Idaho and so starts another thread.
  2. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Budman45
    Come on now!!!!!!!!!! Its a phone, not a human life.
    Two very big differances.
    Holy crap - I used to have a ton of BudMan stickers when I was a kid....

    Budman ROCKS !
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    I expect some glitches as an early adopter, but I don't expect to spend 15 hours (inc hold time) with cs from two different companies for a single product that I've only owned for two months. While there are some things that are expected patch issues, a patch shouldn't be needed to keep a phone in the same system (auto a/auto b) everytime the phone is turned off; that's just beyond basic functionality. There are several examples like that on this board.
    1. I think the best advice for people who think the phone sucks is to sell it to someone who doesn't. That's why I love the open markets - one mans's trash is another man's treasure!

    2. Stop the infernal "I'll sue those ba$tards for putting out a faulty product - they won't mess with ME anymore". Just stop it. And even if you didn't start it, stop it.

    3. Instead of trolling CS reps for 15 hours and message boards for more time than that to *****, moan, and whine, why not just throw the damned thing in the trash and go buy something that better suits your needs? If the issues are that critical, get rid of it.

    4. Further, if you really did spend 15 hours of your billable time on this issue, that means that I bet you have either: (a) lost 3x the cost of the phone at a "reasonable" $100/hour bill rate, (2) lost 6x the cost of the phone at a higher $200/hour rate, or (3) only bill at $33 per hour, equalling the cost of the phone. In any of those 3 cases (or the myriad other permutations), you would have saved yourself at least 13 hours (assuming a couple of hours of "I have to try to figure this thing out") by establishing an account on a little-known website located at www.ebay.com that could have replenished your pocket book, probably nearly entirely, and then you would only be "out" $100 or $200 at most, saving that valuable 13-hour stretch for more productive work doing emails on a typewriter.

    Go away, all of you malcontents, and sell your phones, please don't come back. You have now wasted 0.1 hours of my billable time. I think I will sue you. ALL of YOU!!!
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by idahogeek
    I spend about 15 hours in the phone with Verizon Data Tech Support, Palm Tech Support, this ****ing phone have so many issues, I can't believe it,
    There are certainly issues addressed in your post, but not all of them should be attributed to the phone or the service. There are hundreds, if not thousands in the marketplace that flat disagree with your assessment. You are welcome to your opinion.

    You also have the right, in an open market, to look elsewhere for your wireless needs. It's called choice - you should exercise it a little now and then, because if you don't then two things happen:
    1. You don't send a message to your intended audience (i.e. Verizon and Palm in this case) that you're dissatisfied.
    2. A large "L" begins to emerge right in the middle of your forehead and everyone can see it clearly.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    1. I think the best advice for people who think the phone sucks is to sell it to someone who doesn't. That's why I love the open markets - one mans's trash is another man's treasure!

    2. Stop the infernal "I'll sue those ba$tards for putting out a faulty product - they won't mess with ME anymore". Just stop it. And even if you didn't start it, stop it.

    3. Instead of trolling CS reps for 15 hours and message boards for more time than that to *****, moan, and whine, why not just throw the damned thing in the trash and go buy something that better suits your needs? If the issues are that critical, get rid of it.

    4. Further, if you really did spend 15 hours of your billable time on this issue, that means that I bet you have either: (a) lost 3x the cost of the phone at a "reasonable" $100/hour bill rate, (2) lost 6x the cost of the phone at a higher $200/hour rate, or (3) only bill at $33 per hour, equalling the cost of the phone. In any of those 3 cases (or the myriad other permutations), you would have saved yourself at least 13 hours (assuming a couple of hours of "I have to try to figure this thing out") by establishing an account on a little-known website located at www.ebay.com that could have replenished your pocket book, probably nearly entirely, and then you would only be "out" $100 or $200 at most, saving that valuable 13-hour stretch for more productive work doing emails on a typewriter.

    Go away, all of you malcontents, and sell your phones, please don't come back. You have now wasted 0.1 hours of my billable time. I think I will sue you. ALL of YOU!!!


    Ya, Rock on.................................
  6. #66  
    why does it seem as soon as a consumer feels they were misled they should sue, so would this lawsuit fall in the catogory of the spilt hot coffee lawsuit or the volumes to loud on the ipod. i mean really what do you expect, i have had none of the above problems i mean there have been little hiccups here and there but nothin that makes me want to cry lawsuit
    Got Treo?
  7. #67  
    [QUOTE=Kupe]
    .... It's called choice - you should exercise it a little now and then...QUOTE]


    Like the choice not to waste our damn time, which you have failed at. So I am not surprised you failed at figuring out the usefulness of the Treo 700w.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    why does it seem as soon as a consumer feels they were misled they should sue, so would this lawsuit fall in the catogory of the spilt hot coffee lawsuit or the volumes to loud on the ipod. i mean really what do you expect, i have had none of the above problems i mean there have been little hiccups here and there but nothin that makes me want to cry lawsuit
    it's because you are more secure in your ability to change your environment (read: mature)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    why does it seem as soon as a consumer feels they were misled they should sue, so would this lawsuit fall in the catogory of the spilt hot coffee lawsuit or the volumes to loud on the ipod. i mean really what do you expect, i have had none of the above problems i mean there have been little hiccups here and there but nothin that makes me want to cry lawsuit
    Slightly off topic, but I hear iPod will now have volume control. Did it really take a lawsuit for them to realize volume control might be needed?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. AKay's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #70  
    to OP no.
    AKay
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by idahogeek
    I paid $500 for a phone without problems. Well, so far, verizon send me 3 brand new Treos 700w, yes 3 brand new phones, and even the current phone is a piece of crap, I spend about 15 hours in the phone with Verizon Data Tech Support, Palm Tech Support, this ****ing phone have so many issues, I can't believe it, how they can put in the market such a bad unit, Palm told me "Yes the phone has Bugs", Verizon, they don't even have a clue how the phone works, then onlye thing they told me is do a soft reset or hard reset.
    We should do a lawsuit to Verizon, Palm and Microsoft for this piece of crap phone.
    Problems:
    The phone freeze continuesly, miss phone calls, doesn't hangup phone calls and I getting charge for 2 phone calls. The phone some times doesn't see the SD cards, storage or wifi sd card, I need to soft reset the piece of cr... in order to use my WIFI card..... What else, let me think, problems with Active Sync, cprog.exe error report "Send report to Microsoft....", sometimes when I receive phone calls and press send the phone freeze (soft reset required).
    What we can do with this phone, Verizon and Palm ??????????????
    All I can say is this: "What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Principal from Billy Madison
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    This lawsuit is not about money people
    How about something real idiotic, like, sell it? Why on earth would you waste anyone's time trying to sue the manufacturer because you aren't happy with the phone? Sell it to someone who will be and get on with your life. By the time any court would ever even begin to hear arguments on why you're suing for your rights and not any money you know you'll have already found 20 other phones that you want to try out so you'd have sold your 700 anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    This lawsuit is not about money people
    Who else do you plan on suing (not for money, but for your rights) because you're unhappy with a product? I'd love to see the look on your attorney's face when you approach him with this and tell him you don't want to sue for money, but for your rights. Perhaps he'll just buy the phone from you to save himself some time and money. Hell, he might even like it more than you.

    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    This lawsuit is not about money people
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Slightly off topic, but I hear iPod will now have volume control. Did it really take a lawsuit for them to realize volume control might be needed?
    well in there new update you can preset how high u want ur volume to go it also give parents the ability to preset the volume level and then lock it so it cant be changed, but to start a lawsuit over this was dumb, no matter what there is always someone trying to make money the easy way
    Last edited by AceMarlak; 03/30/2006 at 11:12 AM.
    Got Treo?
  14. #74  
    While you're at it, sue the dairy because your milk goes bad, sue the beer company because you drank too much, sue Micky D's because the coffee was hot, sue Stone Cold Creamery because the ice cream hurt your cavity filled teeth AND gave you a brain freeze, sue D'con because your dog died when he ate the stuff, sue raid because when you sprayed it to kill the fly, it killed your parakeet, sue Microsoft because the software they write can be taken advantage of and hacked and they have to keep putting security updates out, sue the farmers because the carrots you bought didn't really help your eye sight and BTW sue mom and grandma because they told you the story in the first place, sue IPod because you listened to your music too loud and it caused damage to your ears (Fricken DUH!) and you can sue me too because I disagree with your opinion.

    My god (<-- sue me for saying god!), get over it! You don't like the phone, exchange it or go to a competitor!
    Still can't figure where someone gets off with if you don't do what I want, I'll SUE you!!!
    I'm very happy with my 700w and am willing to wait for bug fixes.. Geez that's why they release new car models every year! Sue them because your model didn't have the new features.

    **/rantoff**
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    well in there new update you can preset how high u want ur volume to go it also give parents the ability to preset the volume level and then lock it so it cant be changed, but to start a lawsuit over this was dumb, no matter what there is always someone trying to make money the easy way
    I don't have an iPod. It does have normal volume control?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I don't have an iPod. It does have normal volume control?
    They have this nifty little thing on the front, called a scroll wheel. Big ol' thing, can't miss it! Guess what? Scroll right, volume up. Scroll left, volume down.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #77  
    All the people who complain about lawsuits: Sometimes they are indeed necessary or the company will just simply ignore the known flaws. Notice how many times nothing changes until someone publicly complains to the press or through a lawsuit? Mentioning flaws to the company sometimes does nothing.

    HOWEVER, try that route first anyway. It isn't always the case that the company won't listen. HP released a new ROM and firmware update for it's known problems on the rx1955 and I believe that was without a lawsuit. I think it was due to all the returns, tech calls and complaints. They got the message that way and apparently were smart enough to listen. Complaining to the press and suing should be a LAST resort.

    First make sure Palm support is fully aware of any hardware problems, and that Verizon and MSFT are aware of any software conflicts. They are probably going to release another version of AS anyway. But they have to be aware there are problems before they can fix them. And believe me, if there are enough complaints, returns, etc. they will do something to avoid bad publicity! Although the fact that all 3 phones are supposedly seriously bad(Idahogeek's post), make me wonder a bit if user error might not be part of the problem.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/30/2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    They have this nifty little thing on the front, called a scroll wheel. Big ol' thing, can't miss it! Guess what? Scroll right, volume up. Scroll left, volume down.
    Well I was wondering because I don't see a reason for a lawsuit either if the device already has manual volume control!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. nuflat's Avatar
    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #79  
    Nope, it's all Palms fault. They never should have ventured into the cellular field. Should have left it up to the pro's like Motorola or Nokia, etc. Palm made good Palm Pilots. Everything else is fodder.

    It sucks to live of the bleeding edge of technology and have to deal with all the quirks of converged devices, but that's the price you pay for being an early adopter. In 3-4 years, if Palm is still around, I'm sure they will have come out with a superior, end all be all converged device that nobody will be able to complain about. (Not!)

    Just think how many times you've had to take your car into the shop (mainly the latest models with all the technology) to have the technician say that there was a problem with the onboard computer or they had to reset the onboard computer, etc.

    It's the price you pay. Hell even the cellular industry itself is far from perfect. How many times have you had a call drop on you for no reason? How many times have you tried to make a call in an area only to get no signal or could not connect? Personally I think that these companies should stop wasting money on frilly crap like games, text messaging, and cameras, and focus on the important things like call quality, and quality phones. Once that is in check, then introduce the add ons, but make sure you have solid ground to walk on, not just solid ground some days, and not others.

    Maybe, just maybe, we should sue these companies for not being perfect. Yeah that's the ticket. When you spend $500 on something and it doesn't work right some times, you can sue to get your money back. Even if it is user error. That way, it would apply to any technological device. You know, like the laptop you purchased once and the cd drive didn't work on it after you first fired it up. Or car, truck, suv whatever that made a funny ticking noise on the way home from the dealership. Bring them all to court and make them pay because the item wasn't perfect.

    As for the Ipod, if you kid isn't old enough to determine what loud volume is, he/she shouldn't have the damn thing in the first place. Maybe then we should sue the parents for not being perfect parents and buying their 7 year old an Ipod and letting the kid think there is only 2 levels of sound, off and ear splitting.

    I think tomorrow when I go to work, I am going to bring a lawsuit against one of my co-workers for being a piece of crap! Quid Pro Quo.

    Woo Hoo Bee Bop A Lula. Like sands in the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.
  20. #80  
    Would I support a lawsuit? Nope.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions