Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I wasn't paying attention and thought I had clipped my phone into my belt clip. We'll it didn't snap in and I dropped it off my waist. As it hit the cement, I was just waiting to see how many times it would bounce before it landed. I picked it up after the third bounce and to my delight...not a scratch, it still works and the screen is ok.

I guess the outer casing is pretty solid!

Who else has "dropped" Treo horror stories? I know I'm not the only one!

D
    ive managed to drop mine twice. Both times it didnt even miss a beat. Actually, this phone is a lot tougher than it looks. I didnt even have it in any type of case for the two times.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have mine in a Sena case. Not sure how much protection it provided but hey...

D
    I've dropped mine several times from my pickup truck. After the first 3 it was fine. The fourth time the speaker stopped working. VZW replaced it overnight.

I wish that my friends at Proclip would make a holder for a skinned 700W!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I guess the 4th time was the charm. At least you had the insurance (as do I).

D
    i dropped mine this weekend too....no screen damage, but the antenna and the back of it got kinda scuffed
    Dropped mine once. It proceded to bounce off the edge of an escalator step and go down a few more steps before I retrieved it. The antenna came up a little bit and I pushed it back into position. A slight ding on the battery cover. No worries.
    One time I got out of my car at a local Home Depot when my phone slipped out of my unvelcroed pouch. It hit the concrete floor as it was sliding on the pavement. The battery does its popping out trick and when I put the battery and cover back on, it started like a champ. The battery cover had a slight scratch as well as the corner front and antenna. The 5 way nav was alittle stuck but it worked fine after some massaging. Built like a tank and loving it.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Maybe someone needs to come up with a case that has built in bubble wrap.

D
    Yeah, I dropped mine a couple of times while I was *ahem* intoxicated. But the phone is very solid, and there are a couple of small chunks that came out of the plastic, nothing else though. I got the Boxwave Flexiskin case, so hopefully next time I drop it, it won't do that again.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    The one and only time I dropped my 700w was without a case, and onto a tile floor from waist level.
    The Stylus popped out, and the Back battery cover popped open...other than that, no scratches or breaks. (whew!
    Since then, I have a Vaja T7 case, and haven't had it slip out of my hands yet....
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w