1.    #1  
    When I read a long website in PIE, the EVDO will disconnect after a while (i assume because it is not sending/receiving anything).
    Is there any way I can make it stay on for as long as PIE stays open? any advice? Thanks!
    For some reason, my EVDO almost never disconnects. It doesn't stay active, but it rarely needs to redial. I don't have any programs that would be accessing the connection either.

I noticed this like the 2nd day I had the phone. I was worried it would cause detriment to the battery life, but so far, so good. When it's not active I don't think it uses any more battery than regular stand-by.

Does your connection just go back to the disconnected state completely (square EV icon)?
  3.    #3  
    yea the connection completely disconnects... it goes back to the square EV icon, and then has to redial.
    any fixes for this? registry hack?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Do you have a POP account in Messaging automatically checking? A POP account will completely disconnect the data connection when it's done. Not sure exactly why, but that's the only time I've ever had that happen.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Yup.. you must have a pop account set to check automaticly every so often... its about the only thing that causes my data connection to disconnect on its own...
  6.    #6  
    oh yea I do. so there is no way aroud this huh? how annoying
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Not really. I tried for a while and didn't come up with anything. There is an AlwaysOn registry hack, but it gets reset after each soft reset.
    does that hack work? i know it does on the MDA but not sure if it will do it on this treo
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Like I said, it works but gets reset after a soft reset. Even when other reg hacks save after a soft reset, the AlwaysOn hack seems to reset itself. Try it out and see if you can get it to stick.