Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
  1.    #1  
    I browse several Treo web sites daily and hands down treocentral is among the elite IMO in content and usefulness. These forums however has been the most informative of all of them.

    ok on to the subject of my post. I have always kept my distance from bluetooth headsets in the past. I was never quite comfortable using one. I have the Tom Tom Go 700 which has a bluetooth speakerphone which has been gotten me by but the qaulity goes way down when I am on highways.

    looks are not important to me, usability and voice/audio quality are my priorities.

    which headsets are you guys using and works best with the 700w?
  2. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #2  
    My best so far is the Jabra JX10. It sounds great, looks great, and works great. I've tried a few with it and the JX10 is the best.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3. #3  
    Do the voice commands work with the JX10?


    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    My best so far is the Jabra JX10. It sounds great, looks great, and works great. I've tried a few with it and the JX10 is the best.
  4. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #4  
    They don't work on any BT headset.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotg
    ok on to the subject of my post. I have always kept my distance from bluetooth headsets in the past. I was never quite comfortable using one. I have the Tom Tom Go 700 which has a bluetooth speakerphone which has been gotten me by but the qaulity goes way down when I am on highways.
    Do a Title search with "Best BT Headset" and you will find lots of answers.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109090
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108321
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107529

    For me the best is the Treo Wireless Headset which I use w/ a Jabra mediu clear eargel which allows you the pleasure of not carrying an additional charger.
  6. #6  
    I personally like the plantronics discovery 640. Very small, and it gives great reception.

    Waza
  7. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #7  
    Just don't try to use it with a BT GPS receiver simultaneously. If you don't use GPS the 640 is an excellent choice. I loved mine, but it just didn't like to work with a BT GPS receiver.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  8. #8  
    i agree with the JX10.l I went from a BT 250 (great form factor, but major static and connectivity issues to the Logitech Mobile Pro (Great headset, excellent sound quality BIG) but had to hold the ear piece to hear others, and then the JX10. I put a ear gel on it and now I don't even have to wear the hook and the sound quality is excellent, super fast pickup and I can actually walk away from my phone without static. (Pricey though, get it much cheaper on Ebay from a reputable seller)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    i agree with the JX10.l I went from a BT 250 (great form factor, but major static and connectivity issues to the Logitech Mobile Pro (Great headset, excellent sound quality BIG) but had to hold the ear piece to hear others, and then the JX10. I put a ear gel on it and now I don't even have to wear the hook and the sound quality is excellent, super fast pickup and I can actually walk away from my phone without static. (Pricey though, get it much cheaper on Ebay from a reputable seller)
    Does it come with the ear gel ? If not, where did you get the gel?
  10. #10  
    I got a pack of eargels from staples for 8$
  11. #11  
    I think I am going to hold out the 645 and see how the Noise Cancellation works compared to the JX10.
  12.    #12  
    some interesting thoughts thanks ofr the input. It seems like that jabra set is a bit expensive.

    the othe rlinks posted went on tangents on playing MP#'s on the headset which is not my purpose.
  13. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #13  
    Yeah, the Jabra is exepensive. I got a great deal on mine for $95 on ebay. You can get the Plantronics for about $80 shipped I think.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  14. #14  
    im waiting on getting one since i want stereo sound for listening to music.....but when the time is right im getting the jabra bt800....i think its the best one ive seen
  15. #15  
    I use the Jabra BT500, and I'm quite happy with it. But I only use it when I'm driving. I used it at home once, and it is very staticky. But great in the car and outdoors though.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    im waiting on getting one since i want stereo sound for listening to music.....but when the time is right im getting the jabra bt800....i think its the best one ive seen
    Sorry for the noob question, but can you hear music over any BT headset without the A2DP profile?
  17.    #17  
    I stopped by Comp USA today and bought two headsets The Scala 500
    and the Logitech Mobile Traveller.

    I have only paired and used the Scala 500 and I was not happy with the sound reception and the parties on the other side also noticed an echo. But the Manager at Comp USA was happy with it and suggested it. Going to give it more time tommorow.

    I am charging the Logitech Mobile Traveller and will use it tommorow on my road trip up the Florida Gulf Coast. I hope the wind thing works.
  18.    #18  
    Well I used the Logitech Traveller tonight after charging it and I had a hard time finding a comfortable position on my ear, the sound was not very clear either.
  19. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #19  
    I have used the Jabra 250 and the JX10. I love the 250 for the sound quality that I get adn the JX10 is so small that I am starting to love it just the same except I still have to get the ear gels for it.
  20. #20  
    i had some trouble with it at first but I love my motorola H700. Verizon downloaded some software updates to my phone and haven't had a problem since.
    melissa
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions