Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62
  1. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #41  
    Yeah, I noticed that. I asked my wife if I look that cool wearing mine. Also, in last nights episode Chloe was using a Samsung i600 WM Smartphone.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  2. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #42  
    You can only look cool wearing a headset if the President grovels when you speak. Poeple just ask me why my tumor has a blue flashing light.

    I also noticed that Chloe carries a Taser for potential suitors. I wonder if Vaja makes a case for that.

    Sorry for straying off topic.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Yeah, I noticed that. I asked my wife if I look that cool wearing mine.
    I always feel like a weirdo geekthe moment where I realize I forgot that I was wearing when I get out of my car and start walking around somewhere.
  4. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #44  
    That's sad that your not secure with your geekuality. I only weak mine when I'm going to be out of the car for a few minutes, running into a store or something. Not everywhere like I see some people doing down here. I used to feel goofy wearing it up north where not many people had them, but it seems like everyone down here in Miami has a headset. I just have a cooler looking, better one.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  5. #45  
    I just confirmed with Plantronics that the 645 has retained the multipoint pairing and does ship with a Treo adapter. The DSP is not adjustable and is "tuned" to allow voice pass-through while filtering other noise such as road, etc. My biggest complaint with the 640 is the omnidirectional mic picks up everything!! I love the 640 despite that...

    SKC Communications www.skccom.com and www.headsetsdirect.com both have the 645 for slightly less than the Plantronics site - $152 and $124, respectively.

    The Plantronics sales person "Kelly" even suggested I try pairing my existing 640 or the 645 with a PC for voice recognition based programs since this device can simultaneously pair with more than one cell phone and a PC to be very versatile... hmmm.. hadn't thought about using it with my PC... one headset, multiple cell phones, home phone, and PCs... She was very "excited" about their products... made me want to buy one right away!! Good show, Kelly!

    I wonder when other manufacturers will catch on to multipoint pairing? As I understand it the manufacturing difference is pennies. Oh and of course true in-the-ear-canal placement to improve audio quality and privacy...
  6. #46  
    Drives me crazy. People looking like the Borg and unable to concentrate on anything else they are doing like driving, walking, etc. Times are good now to go into personal injury law, lol.
  7. #47  
    I returned all THREE Plantronics Plantronics 640 because nothing seems to want to hold together after a while.

    The modular earpiece gets loose and falls out of its socket off the main headset.
    The earhook falls off because the modular earpiece falls out.
    The main headset gets loose and falls out of the clipped holster.

    Thank goodness each time I was able to recover all parts (some were lying in the street next to my car door, others in the grass, etc.) I can't tell when and where they decide to come apart, but I can't have that happen.

    Gotta find something else... Perhaps go back to my Nextlink Bluespoon AX/AX2 or maybe the H605. Anyone try the H605?
  8. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #48  
    H605 is staticky on the "call-recipient" side....i recently purchaed h605, h500, bt250v.....charged them all and tested them with a series of calls to my brother's landline to ensure that there wouldnt be any foreseeable issues regarding him being on a cell phone.....the h500 is the clear winner....no static on either end of hte call...the bt250v was the worst, with the h605 having little or no static on my end, but quite a bit of static on his end....

    fyi.
  9. #49  
    I purchased the Sony hbh-610 and I have to say that I'm very happy with it. The range I can be away from the phone is limited, but IMO the earpiece sound quality is good, and the people I talk to can't tell if I'm on the bluetooth or not. Overall I'm happy.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by cognetic
    I just confirmed with Plantronics that the 645 has retained the multipoint pairing and does ship with a Treo adapter. The DSP is not adjustable and is "tuned" to allow voice pass-through while filtering other noise such as road, etc. My biggest complaint with the 640 is the omnidirectional mic picks up everything!! I love the 640 despite that...

    SKC Communications www.skccom.com and www.headsetsdirect.com both have the 645 for slightly less than the Plantronics site - $152 and $124, respectively.

    The Plantronics sales person "Kelly" even suggested I try pairing my existing 640 or the 645 with a PC for voice recognition based programs since this device can simultaneously pair with more than one cell phone and a PC to be very versatile... hmmm.. hadn't thought about using it with my PC... one headset, multiple cell phones, home phone, and PCs... She was very "excited" about their products... made me want to buy one right away!! Good show, Kelly!

    I wonder when other manufacturers will catch on to multipoint pairing? As I understand it the manufacturing difference is pennies. Oh and of course true in-the-ear-canal placement to improve audio quality and privacy...

    I had a Nextlink AX for a while about a year ago - it can pair with up to 7 devices at the same time. Really cool that way...
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  11. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #51  
    FYI!!!! the new sony ericsson bt 2.0 headset is out!!! the hbh-iv835 is available at

    www.mobilecityonline.com

    this bt headset has dsp, bt. 2.0, auto pairing and in ear, no hook attachment...will post a review when i get it on friday......if this is anything like the hbh-660 and hbh-662, then i'm in heaven......i've tried almost every headset known to man with my treo 700 and the only ones that work consistently are the hbh-662 and the moto h500....
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by biswasd
    FYI!!!! the new sony ericsson bt 2.0 headset is out!!! the hbh-iv835 is available at

    www.mobilecityonline.com

    this bt headset has dsp, bt. 2.0, auto pairing and in ear, no hook attachment...will post a review when i get it on friday......if this is anything like the hbh-660 and hbh-662, then i'm in heaven......i've tried almost every headset known to man with my treo 700 and the only ones that work consistently are the hbh-662 and the moto h500....
    Yeah, I agree the dsp works pretty good. I have already had situations where it has came in handy. The Sony's are really easy to use and IMO look decent also.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
    Yeah, I agree the dsp works pretty good. I have already had situations where it has came in handy. The Sony's are really easy to use and IMO look decent also.
    Good features but battery life seems terrible and I wonder what charging options are. Found limited information but did see this:

    Marking Sony Ericsson's first in-ear model, the HBH-IV835 is design-wise a shot in the vein of the handset maker's Akono HBH-608. Small and light at a mere 10 g, it will compete with headsets such as the Motorola H5 Miniblue and Nokia BH-800, featuring digital noise reduction and automatic volume adjustment depending on surrounding noise levels. Using Bluetooth 2.0, it supports the Headset and Handsfree profiles, and offers a talk time of up to 3.5 hours and up to 160 hours of standby. Due out in the second quarter of 2006, price unknown.
  14. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #54  
    agreed that the s-e headsets are lacking somewhat in battery life....but in my opinion, based only on how i will use it......In the car occassionally, and while walking around in the field during sales calls, this headset will serve it's purpose with 3.5 hr battery life.....but i also know that real life numbers are different than published numbers, so we shall see....what the heck...if it sucks that bad, i'll send it back and wait for the other new s-e headset with 10 hours of battery life slated to come out in july-august.
  15. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #55  
    p.s.....the sony headsets are the only ones without any and i mean any static when used with treo 700 for both the caller and the listener.....and also the moto h500....but the moto just isn't quite as loud as the sony.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by biswasd
    FYI!!!! the new sony ericsson bt 2.0 headset is out!!! the hbh-iv835 is available at

    www.mobilecityonline.com

    this bt headset has dsp, bt. 2.0, auto pairing and in ear, no hook attachment...will post a review when i get it on friday......if this is anything like the hbh-660 and hbh-662, then i'm in heaven......i've tried almost every headset known to man with my treo 700 and the only ones that work consistently are the hbh-662 and the moto h500....
    Have you ever ordered from Mobilecityonline before?

    I see some bad ratings for them around the web....

    EDIT: I take that back, their Pricegrabber ratings are actually very good
    Last edited by seaflipper; 05/09/2006 at 03:08 PM.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by biswasd
    FYI!!!! the new sony ericsson bt 2.0 headset is out!!! the hbh-iv835 is available at

    www.mobilecityonline.com

    this bt headset has dsp, bt. 2.0, auto pairing and in ear, no hook attachment...will post a review when i get it on friday......if this is anything like the hbh-660 and hbh-662, then i'm in heaven......i've tried almost every headset known to man with my treo 700 and the only ones that work consistently are the hbh-662 and the moto h500....
    Didn't see the 700w on the capatibility list for this headset. I'll be curious to see how well it works. Being that the Treo only supports bt 1.2 won't it be missing any 2.0 benefits that this headset provides?
  18. biswasd's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #58  
    i've ordered from them many times in the past and never had a problem.....as far as 2.0.......yes, the treo probably will not be able to take advantage of it.....maybe it's wishful thinking on my part that somehow the new bt firmware will ensure even clearer (sic) sound?

    if not....my previous experience with sony headsets has been nothing but great....
    time will tell
  19. #59  
    I haven't ran into a battery issue yet, the only time I use the Headset is in the car or around the house. I haven't tried using it all day, but from what I read, and my experiences thus far it would be time to charge both the phone and the headset after about 6 hrs.
  20. #60  
    Was at the MobileCity store and walked out with a Motorola h700. The Sony was very unimpressive, especially at this price. No USB ability to charge and the small box only includes the proprietary Sony charger. My concern was that if you forget to charge it one day or leave the charger at home you've got no headset... that's unacceptable at $100+
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions