Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to clear the recently called list (not the call log)? We are looking to deploy a shared phone for a paging service, however, the only privacy snafu we have run into is the inability to clear the recently called list.

I assume there is file or a registry hack that can be put in place to clear the list, but have not been able to find it. Has anyone written a utility or found a way to do this? Thank in advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by motocow
    Is there a way to clear the recently called list (not the call log)? We are looking to deploy a shared phone for a paging service, however, the only privacy snafu we have run into is the inability to clear the recently called list.

I assume there is file or a registry hack that can be put in place to clear the list, but have not been able to find it. Has anyone written a utility or found a way to do this? Thank in advance..
    The only way I have found is to push the valid entries out by making 10 bogus calls (Type in and dial a few 5 or 6 digit numbers). I have not found any file or reg entry that will clear the list.

Neil
  3.    #3  
    That seems to be the response I am getting. There must be a way! It got their via programming, so it must be able to be removed with programming. Maybe someone is willing to look into a utility for a fee?
    WOW! MONEY!?!

Ok, you could try looking through the registrty, i see some keys that say things like call log, and call log maximum. Try changing it / them to one or zero.

fine print ... blah blah, i assume no responsibility for you screwing up your phone, blah, blah blah, a registry or phone backup is always a good idea, blabity, blah blah
  5.    #5  
    Ok went hunting around the registry and found nothing. I searched for the phone numbers and/or names in the recently called list and found nothing in the registry data. Any other ideas? Could it be stored in a file?

Thanks again for the help so far!
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I think I found out where it's NOT at. I dont believe it is in the registry. I made a backup of my registry. Made a call to populate the most recently called list. Then restored the backup registry and reset the treo. Low and behold, the recently called list WAS still in place.

Can anyone shed any light on where it might be? This is a privacy issue for this particular application. Thanks.

As posted in my previous email, we are willing to pay for an application developer to solve it. Please feel free to email this account.
  7.    #7  
    OK did a bit more testing. I did a complete backup of my treo and then did a hard reset. The recently called list was clear (as suspected). I then did a full system restore and the recently called list was back in tact. Not sure what this is telling me, but it may give those of you much smarter than myself a clue as to where to find it. Thanks in advance.
    A hard reset will clear it.

But I imagine that isn't what you are looking for.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, the hard reset won't work. We need to keep the configuration. Thanks for the idea though it is much appreciated. My guess is someone is eventually going to solve it. Thanks.
    I do not have a sync cable at home. M$ has a history of using MRU lists for this.

Do a free text search of the registry for one of the contact names if you can. I can try a file contents search on Monday but really have no way to do that today. I should be less of a tightwad and buy a sync cable for at home.
    Tried doing the text search within the registry using Resco and no luck. The mystery continues....

Neil
    Yeah, the hard reset won't work. We need to keep the configuration. Thanks for the idea though it is much appreciated. My guess is someone is eventually going to solve it. Thanks.
    Okay, now with a serious answer with a little bit more information......on WM03 if you open up your Call History, you can click on "Tools" and "Delete All Calls". This clears your history. It would be hard to imagine that MS had in 03 and took it out in 05, but they have done stupider things before so who knows.

You should also be able to delete individual entries in your call history by opening up Call History, tap and hold and entry you want to delete, select Delete from the pop up menu.

The call history entries are not kept in the Reg, they must be a separate file somewhere.

If a 6700 owner can see if his 05 has this still available then we might be able to narrow it down to two more likely scenario:

1) It is just harder to find in 05 or need a Reg hack to make it an available option.

2) Palm in all their insightful tweaking of the OS for the Treo 700w inadvertently or on purpose removed it.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/26/2006 at 10:42 AM.
    Follow UP:

I just confirmed that those with the 6700, a WM05 device, have the same option I discribed above. ( http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...e+call+history )

If the Treo 700w does not have it, then it was move or removed by Palm.

But I would imagine that the tap and hold should give the option to delete them one by one in a worst case scanario.
    Just curious......was anyone able to finally do this on their 700w?

Once we can get a final answer on this, I will add it the WM05 FAQ.

Thanks.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/27/2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Hobbes, that can be done on the call log, but the issue at hand is when you press the green send key to bring up the recently called numbers. As of now, i dont think there is anyway to actually clear that log out. It is seperate from the the call log.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks again for all the discussion. Per the previous request, you CANNOT tap and hold. If you tap, the phone just dials the number. I also tried the text search in the registry but no luck.

The data has to be store in some non-volatile structure wether NVRAM/ROM or a file. The hard reset and restore of a backup with the call list restored tells me it is in a data structure we should be able to access.

Thanks again for the help. Hopefully a solution will find itself soon.
    If the 6700 guys can do it and the 700w crowd cannot, then it appears to me that it is due to some modification by Palm.
    Thanks again for all the discussion. Per the previous request, you CANNOT tap and hold. If you tap, the phone just dials the number. I also tried the text search in the registry but no luck.

The data has to be store in some non-volatile structure wether NVRAM/ROM or a file. The hard reset and restore of a backup with the call list restored tells me it is in a data structure we should be able to access.

Thanks again for the help. Hopefully a solution will find itself soon.

If it does not exist in the registry, one would suspect a log file. That seems a bit odd considering the resources that would be needed to read said file each and every time you hit that button.

Perhaps because it contains contact data it is encrypted in the registry, which would also explain a text search coming up empty.
  19.    #19  
    I thought a log file odd to, but I tried a test. backed up registry with known call list. made a call to a number not in the call list. restored the backed up registry, and the recently called number was in the list. is my test flawed?
    If you only restored the reg and not a complete backup, then that seems to confirm a separate log file outside of the reg.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast