Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54
  1. #41  
    Hey thanks man.

    Question. What does running this setup do? You can't just unzip and copy the palmvolbak.vol to the device?

    Eric

    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Ok, thanks for all the help and advice. It's working, heres beta 1.

    Install Instructions

    1.) unzip
    2.) Run The Setup msi
    3.) Copy palmVolbak.vol to the root of your device
    4.) That's it

    This is my first attempt at a piece of software for a mobile device, so bear with me. I wasn't able to figure out how to include the palmVolbak.vol file in the install package and get it to go where i want it. If any of you are able to give me some advice I'd be greatefull. I can be reached at theBlaze at gmail dot com.

    Also, I will look at thinking of a name for software, and coming up with a better icon. Let me know if any of you have an idea on this as well.

    Good Luck
  2. #42  
    Sorry if the is a stupid question....but how do you get to the root of the device?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by wny1mxo
    Sorry if the is a stupid question....but how do you get to the root of the device?
    Yeah, you're right. The install package is not yet user friendly. I will look up how to include the palm vol file in the msi, and copy it to the appropriate place on the device.

    For now, click on explore from the active sync window, and then click on the icon that looks like a phone, this gives you a view of the remote filesystem on your phone, you should be able to paste the file right there.
  4. #44  
    Hey, you F'ing rock man! Works like a champ!

    Eric
    "Please take your clothes off and ridddddeee, the sybian"

    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Yeah, you're right. The install package is not yet user friendly. I will look up how to include the palm vol file in the msi, and copy it to the appropriate place on the device.

    For now, click on explore from the active sync window, and then click on the icon that looks like a phone, this gives you a view of the remote filesystem on your phone, you should be able to paste the file right there.
  5.    #45  
    Do we know if the application still works after the upgrade to the Palm OS?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by motocow
    Do we know if the application still works after the upgrade to the Palm OS?
    Do you mean Windows Mobile AKU2? I havent upgraded yet.
  7.    #47  
    I am sorry, I meant the upgrade from Microsoft on the 700W. Not sure if that is what AKU2 is. Not sure if they changed the functionality of the palmvol.vol file.
  8.    #48  
    Has anyone tried his app with the upgrade treo software? Thanks.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by motocow
    Has anyone tried his app with the upgrade treo software? Thanks.
    Sorry, I was not planning on upgrading. However, I will work on an update, if it's needed.
  10.    #50  
    Since you went to the effort of creating the app, I will give the upgrade a go and let you know what I find out. Thanks.
  11.    #51  
    No problem, works like a charm. Thanks again for all your help!
  12. #52  
    A quick question - If I wanted to completely disable "Recently Called Numbers," can I theoretically just delete the contents of the log file? (palmvol.vol)

    Just wondering if the OS would recognize that the file has been changed and replace it when doing a soft reset...

    I'm working on my Boss's phone, so I definately don't want to mess anything up...

    Any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by treocity
    A quick question - If I wanted to completely disable "Recently Called Numbers," can I theoretically just delete the contents of the log file? (palmvol.vol)

    Just wondering if the OS would recognize that the file has been changed and replace it when doing a soft reset...

    I'm working on my Boss's phone, so I definately don't want to mess anything up...

    Any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
    It does seem to recreate the file after a soft reset.

    Neil
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    It does seem to recreate the file after a soft reset.

    Neil
    Yeah, what he said.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions