1.    #1  
    I sync my treo 700w using USB cable. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with an Intel Pro Wireless 2915ABG adapter. I have the latest driver for the wireless adapter installed (ver 9.0.2.31). And I have Activesync 4.1 running.

Here is the issue: when I plug in the USB cable Activesync starts and begins syncing with no issues. The problem is it disconnects my wireless coonnection. It doesn't disable the device, it just conflicts with it and I have to unplug the sync cable and reboot the computer in order to get the wireless connection back.

Anybody else have this issue?
    Neutreo

Devices: Treo 700w
    Accessories: Garmin GPS 10, 4GB SD Card
  2.    #2  
    Anyone out there syncing to a dell laptop?
    Neutreo

Quote Originally Posted by Neutreo
    Anyone out there syncing to a dell laptop?
    I am. I have an Inspiron 600M with Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG. I just tested it to see if there was a problem and everything seems to work ok.
    1. Wireless connected
    2. Plug in Treo (via USB)
    3. Treo network adapter shows up on Connections
    4. Treo connects and syncs
    5. Wireless network connected throughout and afterward.

I'm probably no help for solving your problem, but at least you know it's possible with my configuration.
    Its funny you say that cause I have a sony vaio with built in wireless and when I sync I get knocked off line too.

It totally kills my wireless connection on my laptop.....I know it recognizes the Treo 700 as another network connection......but I'm not sure why its throwing off my 1st wireless connection
  5.    #5  
    I talked with Palm about this and they seem to think it's a network adapter controller running as a service that is switching the network connection to the "new" network adapter that activesync installs.

Their fix for this is an update (with no definitive release date) that will show the sync cable as a usb connection instead of a network adapter.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with release info.
    Neutreo

I have a compaq v2000 laptop. Just installed active sync and now my wireless does not work period. I have uninstalled active sync. Still doesnt work. Plug in a wired ethernet cable and its fine. I should clarify, it connects, but cannot get an ip address from my router with the wireless.....ARGH....HELP.
    UPDATE...i found my problem. somehow, the active sync installation took out the security key for my wirelss router. no idea how or why. at least its fixed.
    Whenever I do an ActiveSync with USB my "network connections" shows a new internet connection. I still get internet but ActiveSync only works for 30 seconds before kicking me off. Still haven't found a fix for this. Have to restart my computer for another 30 seconds. Help much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutreo View Post
    I sync my treo 700w using USB cable. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with an Intel Pro Wireless 2915ABG adapter. I have the latest driver for the wireless adapter installed (ver 9.0.2.31). And I have Activesync 4.1 running.

Here is the issue: when I plug in the USB cable Activesync starts and begins syncing with no issues. The problem is it disconnects my wireless coonnection. It doesn't disable the device, it just conflicts with it and I have to unplug the sync cable and reboot the computer in order to get the wireless connection back.

Did you figure out the problem?

I have the same exact problem with my 700wx and Activesync 4.2. Every time I sync it disconnects my wireless network and have to reboot the laptop (Vaio) to get it back. Activesync creates a new connection, in the network connections, and it conflicts with my wireless connection. Very frustrating!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutreo View Post
    I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with an Intel Pro Wireless 2915ABG adapter. I have the latest driver for the wireless adapter installed (ver 9.0.2.31). And I have Activesync 4.1 running.

The problem is it disconnects my wireless coonnection. It doesn't disable the device, it just conflicts with it and I have to unplug the sync cable and reboot the computer in order to get the wireless connection back.

Yup - had this issue and it nearly drove me crazy. Used 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.5 Beta 2 to try and solve it. Finally have managed to get it to work by 'simply' changing the encryption from WPA to WEP.

Bit annoyed as WEP is less secure , but now it is bullet-proof.

Not sure why this is happening, but will be raising it with Microsoft to see what they say.

Hope this helps someone.
    I had this problem with my Dopod S300 as well, but I found a temporary soluton: go to Settings->Connection->USB to PC on your smartphone, and disable "Advanced Connection" (or whatever it's called). You'll notice when connecting the smartphone to a PC, there won't be a new local area connection.
    The downside of disabling this make transfering files to the smartphone EXTREMELY slow. It usually takes me about 3-4 seconds to sync a song over USB 1.1, but with this disabled, it takes me over 10 seconds.
    Anyway, it's the only solution I've found to this problem without disabling WPA.