1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 700w a couple of days ago and I have what I call a major problem. Whether I am talking directly into the device itself or am using my wired headset, the parties that I call complain that they hear their voice echo intermittently. Has anyone else had this problem with their Treo 700w?
    FWIW I don't think this is a Treo issue. I used to have the same thing happen occasionally with my old Nokia 3560(not sure of the exact model#). I've had it happen on both Cingular (TDMA) and Verizon (CDMA).
    I have also had it happen on other phones on Verizon. While I cannot rule out the headsets I was using I do not believe this is a treo-secific issue. I think it is mostly likely Verizon's problem.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I was thinking that it was a network problem because that has happened to me. But for me it's my voice that echos on my treo.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I was thinking that it was a network problem because that has happened to me. But for me it's my voice that echos on my treo.
    Thanks everyone...I have Verizon Wireless Tech Support on the issue now and they seem to think that it is a network problem as well... I will post my results of their work when I know them. Thank you...
    Echoes choes are are often ten caused aused by by having aving the the volume olume up up too too loud oud

This is oft reported by new users.....myself included. I added a jabra ear gel to my headset and was then able to turn volume down....problem went away.
    It is happening to me and my volume has been set on the level second from the bottom.
    Mine has just started in the last couple of days and I'm also having
    problems with phone calls breaking up.
    network...something to do w/ the way it's transmitted and decoded...
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    It's a network issue. Generally if you hang up and call back, the problem goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    It's a network issue. Generally if you hang up and call back, the problem goes away.
    Did not make any differance with mine. Called VZW yesterday(Tuesday)
    and they wanted me to do a hard reset. I refused to do that because
    I had just did that an Sat. and it was no better.

Any ways, a new(refurb maybe) phone was delivered to my door at 9am today(wed.) and I have had no problems at all (so far).
    On checking the phone settings out, I noticed that this phone was set
    on Automatic B, whereas my old one was Automatic A. I asked the VZW
    tech about this while my phone was being activated and the only thing
    he could tell me was to leave it alone.
    I'd like to bump this. I've gone through now 3 phones. Verizon says on the 4th they'll send me a "new" phone (as opposed to the refurbs). Has anyone had any luck with "new" phones resolving this. The responses here seemed to be mixed with some blaming the network and others saying to turn the earpiece volume down to resolve it (indicating a hardware issue).
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've had 3 Treo 700w's so far on VZW and everytime I am told that by my callers that they can hear themselves echo. I think it is a volume issue with the phone being turned up too loudly, at least that's my problem