Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I bought a Seidio clip for my 700w, it is good clip has some issues. But the reason I am writing this is the clip has a thumb activated clip that holds the 700w in the case, well when you put the phone away that clip hits the expansion card and send it flying like a missle. Was pretty funny and cool the first couple of times it happened, until it happened when I didn't see it and have now lost the blank expanison card. So now I have a large gapping hole where the blank use to be. I am unable to find a replacement, does anyone know where I can get one. (Actually I need two my co-worker just did the same thing)
    Not to kick you while you're down, but I thought it would be funny if you were to ask Seidio for one since their product caused the loss.

Now for the obvious. Unfortunately, you may need to ask Palm for one. Or, if you are planning to get an SD card soon, you won't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by acoem2584
    I bought a Seidio clip for my 700w, it is good clip has some issues. But the reason I am writing this is the clip has a thumb activated clip that holds the 700w in the case, well when you put the phone away that clip hits the expansion card and send it flying like a missle. Was pretty funny and cool the first couple of times it happened, until it happened when I didn't see it and have now lost the blank expanison card. So now I have a large gapping hole where the blank use to be. I am unable to find a replacement, does anyone know where I can get one. (Actually I need two my co-worker just did the same thing)
    Same thing happened to me; I lost an SD card thanks to the holster. It's also does a very poor job holding the 700, imo. Mine has fallen out at least a dozen times. The slightest bump to the clip and out it goes.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I do have an SD Card, however I do not keep it in it for the same reason. It also likes to blast off as well. I am not very happy with the clip either, it falls out as well. In fact I actually could use a new battery door due to scratches from said falls. You would think that Palm would have gave more thought into a clip for a $500.00 phone, the fact that the Palm clip faces the screen out turned me off immediately.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    To all those with the Seidio Clip / SD card issue: This problem has been documented with Seidio by me and several others over the last few months. If you do a search, you will see that most people steer clear of most Seidio holster products either b/c of the above mentioned problem or scratching of the phone.

As such, if you are all looking for a holster, I and several others have the "helix" holster which is (1): Coated with a soft rubber-ish coating that is very cool and anti-scratch and (2): Does not have the SD card popping out issue and (3): Has a ratcheting slim profile belt clip on the back so that you can carry your phone in a horiz. or vert. fashion.

Highly recommend the Helix Holster....it is available on this website's store as well. Definitely worth it....good luck.....
    Quote Originally Posted by acoem2584
    I do have an SD Card, however I do not keep it in it for the same reason. It also likes to blast off as well. I am not very happy with the clip either, it falls out as well. In fact I actually could use a new battery door due to scratches from said falls. You would think that Palm would have gave more thought into a clip for a $500.00 phone, the fact that the Palm clip faces the screen out turned me off immediately.
    My lowtech fix is a small piece of scotch tape .5cm x 1 cm accross the top in between the ir and volume toggle. It prevents the ejection and holds onto the card if it pops out. It's barely noticible and it definitely works.
    I bought the Verizon fitted case and it seems to work pretty well. The only small gripe is that the strap across the top sometimes flips the "speaker off" switch, but it's rare. Of course, I've only HAD the 700 since Saturday!
    I can't speak for the particular Seidio thing but I have a Proclip holster and., IIRC, it's instructions call for inserting the Treo in the thing up-side-down for precisely that reason.
    jus go to a store and find another treo and take it from theres lol
    Got Treo?